Oregon Confiscation Law

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Oregon Confiscation Law

Post by chasfm11 »

I'm a little concerned about this one. None of the local Oregon media outlets are carrying it but it appears in a number of the gun blogs
It looks like a Republican, after a personal loss, is trying to make sure that others don't have that same experience but at the expense of many.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/07 ... an-helped/
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Oregon Confiscation Law

Post by puma guy »

We can only hope the AYE voters are reported as a danger to themselves and others. They didn't include knives, clubs/bats, hammers, tire tools, etc. Wonder why? :headscratch This will eventually be struck down, IMHO. Beside eliminating due process, there's way too much room for abuse of the law.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

puma guy wrote:We can only hope the AYE voters are reported as a danger to themselves and others. They didn't include knives, clubs/bats, hammers, tire tools, etc. Wonder why? :headscratch This will eventually be struck down, IMHO. Beside eliminating due process, there's way too much room for abuse of the law.
:iagree:
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

So what they're saying is we should cache a backup that we can use it to recover the others. Like for computers.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

flechero

Post by flechero »

I wonder if a wrongfully accused person can sue the ill-intentioned accuser in civil court?? That would be a way to keep it in check- financial ruin for a wrongful accuser.

If not, first anonymous accusation should go against the dem's personal security personnel.

strogg

Post by strogg »

As if the household thing wasn't bad enough... I read this bit on the site:
It also allows any police officer to make the same accusations about you to a judge. The police officer does not need to know you or even have ever met you.
Welp, if that goes through, both 2A and 4A are basically done in Oregon. There's no way this will pass in its current form.

Topic author
chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

strogg wrote:As if the household thing wasn't bad enough... I read this bit on the site:
It also allows any police officer to make the same accusations about you to a judge. The police officer does not need to know you or even have ever met you.
Welp, if that goes through, both 2A and 4A are basically done in Oregon. There's no way this will pass in its current form.
One of the news stories said that it had passed the House and was enroute to the governor's office. That report suggested that she were certain to sign it.

Based on articles that I've read about other subjects in Oregon, the Bill of Rights is a waste of time there. I think they they more Progressive than California.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

strogg

Post by strogg »

That is very sad to hear. It's disappointing to see that some states are just going so "progressive" that their governments are turning into authoritarian regimes. That really does sound ironic to me. Their next hope now, I guess, is an injunction on the bill like the standard capacity magazine ban of California. Until then, I've visited Oregon already and got my fill. I'm not planning on going back there anytime soon.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

This kind of stuff is scary. Instead of evaluating the potentially dangerous person to see if he is really a threat or needs help, just go take his guns. Yeah, that's the answer.

I just don't see how such a law such as this would have helped the republican and his son. Had the republican exhausted all other options to get his son help? With a law like this, it's too easy to claim someone is a danger and have their guns confiscated and rights trampled. I might could see it if the claim of someone might be a danger triggered an investigation and evaluation while maintaining the person's rights to due process.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

chasfm11 wrote:
strogg wrote:As if the household thing wasn't bad enough... I read this bit on the site:
One of the news stories said that it had passed the House and was enroute to the governor's office. That report suggested that she were certain to sign it.

Based on articles that I've read about other subjects in Oregon, the Bill of Rights is a waste of time there. I think they they more Progressive than California.
Really the state has the same exact issues as California and Illinois, the state is ruled by a few liberal cities.

Return to “Other States”