Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Stick_Shift
Posts in topic: 3

AZ: 19 Y.O. Shoots Carjacker with Legally Carried Firearm

Post by Stick_Shift »

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/consti ... z5uhZKcSKY

Whoops. Darwin at work again. Looks like a team tried to pick off some kid in Arizona only to discover he was strapped. A female tried to distract the young man while another man crept up on him with a knife to take the vehicle. At some point, this young tiger got his weapon and connected with his target in a very personal manner. What's more, he kept his cool and discriminated between an armed target and an unarmed one. The female didn't get shot.

Looks like he won't be charged, but the surviving female member of the team will be charged with felony murder because she got her accomplice killed in the process of trying to commit armed robbery and carjacking.

Well done. Hope this kid can process it in a healthy manner and go on about his business.
Last edited by Stick_Shift on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
A little luck and a little government is necessary to get along in life, but only a fool trusts either one. - PJ O’Rourke

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Re: AZ: 19 Y.O. Shoots Carjacker with Legally Carried Firearm

Post by Flightmare »

Stick_Shift wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:33 am https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/consti ... z5uhZKcSKY

Whoops. Darwin at work again. Looks like a team tried to pick off some kid in Arizona only discover he was strapped. A female tried to distract the young man while another man crept up on him with a knife to take the vehicle. At some point, this young tiger got his weapon and connected with his target in a very personal manner. What's more, he kept his cool and discriminated between an armed target and an unarmed one. The female didn't get shot.

Looks like he won't be charged, but the surviving female member of the team will be charged with felony murder because she got her accomplice killed in the process of trying to commit armed robbery and carjacking.

Well done. Hope this kid can process it in a healthy manner and go on about his business.
Wait, I thought there were those on this forum who said that 99% of the time you would be charged. I'm confused, why wasn't he? :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Flightmare wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:49 am
Stick_Shift wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:33 am https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/consti ... z5uhZKcSKY

Whoops. Darwin at work again. Looks like a team tried to pick off some kid in Arizona only discover he was strapped. A female tried to distract the young man while another man crept up on him with a knife to take the vehicle. At some point, this young tiger got his weapon and connected with his target in a very personal manner. What's more, he kept his cool and discriminated between an armed target and an unarmed one. The female didn't get shot.

Wait, I thought there were those on this forum who said that 99% of the time you would be charged. I'm confused, why wasn't he? :biggrinjester:
A better question to ask might be why does Arizona trust 18, 19 and 20 year olds with carrying and Texas doesn't, unless they are in the military?

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Grayling: In Texas, they CAN carry in their vehicle legally. I believe the reason that they were not granted the "privilege" to carry on their person in the general public is because some states would not honor a Texas LTC as a result.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
Stick_Shift

Post by Stick_Shift »

Flightmare wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:59 am Grayling: In Texas, they CAN carry in their vehicle legally. I believe the reason that they were not granted the "privilege" to carry on their person in the general public is because some states would not honor a Texas LTC as a result.
This right here. I used to go deer and dove hunting with my students before school. We'd have to park off-campus and walk to the building, but it was nothing for the kids to carry firearms in their pickups. Local PD never even batted an eye.
A little luck and a little government is necessary to get along in life, but only a fool trusts either one. - PJ O’Rourke

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oljames3 »

In 2015, I took my then 19-year-old son to AZ for a model rocket contest. As we crossed the NM border, I pulled out my shirt tail and tucked it behind the grip of my Tanfoglio BTA90. At the AZ border I handed my son his holstered Seecamp .45 that I had borrowed from my father. We both carried openly in AZ for a 10 days. Almost sad to come home. Texas had passed the law authorizing carrying openly, but it would not go into effect for another 4 months.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Flightmare wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:59 am Grayling: In Texas, they CAN carry in their vehicle legally. I believe the reason that they were not granted the "privilege" to carry on their person in the general public is because some states would not honor a Texas LTC as a result.
I stand corrected. In Texas, 18, 19 and 20 year olds in their car are allowed to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights.

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

Flightmare wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:49 am

You got me good with that one, "rlol"
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Stick_Shift wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:03 am
This right here. I used to go deer and dove hunting with my students before school. We'd have to park off-campus and walk to the building, but it was nothing for the kids to carry firearms in their pickups. Local PD never even batted an eye.
When I was in High School some 40yrs ago, most of the pickups had a rifle or shotgun in a gun rack in the back window, we all carried folding knives on our belts and nobody ever said a word! It was NORMAL!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

crazy2medic wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:12 am
Stick_Shift wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:03 am
When I was in High School some 40yrs ago, most of the pickups had a rifle or shotgun in a gun rack in the back window, we all carried folding knives on our belts and nobody ever said a word! It was NORMAL!
:iagree:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Topic author
Stick_Shift

Post by Stick_Shift »

crazy2medic wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:12 am When I was in High School some 40yrs ago, most of the pickups had a rifle or shotgun in a gun rack in the back window, we all carried folding knives on our belts and nobody ever said a word! It was NORMAL!
Ditto. HS was only 30 years ago for me, but pretty much the same existence. Every boy (and some girls) had a pocketknife and at least a deer/hog rifle, a shotgun, or a .22 in a gun rack. I once pulled over in the pasture in front of our house while coming home from school and folded up a coyote harassing my FFA show steer and my English teacher happened to roll up in her car. Rolled down the passenger's side window and yelled, "DID YOU GET HIM?!"

"Yes, ma'am!"

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

You should invite her to one of the forum breakfast meetings!
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Who me? Just trying to enrich your life and expand your horizons!

Return to “Other States”