UT Dallas Student government's survey

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
GrandSporTA
Posts in topic: 2

UT Dallas Student government's survey

Post by GrandSporTA »

UT Dallas Student Government asks students to take a survey about how they feel about concealed carry on campus on facebook. The questions were...

Are you in favor of allowing concealed carry handguns on campus?

Are you in favor of allowing concealed carry handguns in the on-campus apartments/residence hall?

These two questions were "Yes" or "No" answers only.

I wrote back saying this...

"The questions I feel must include "concealed carry by law abiding citizens who are licensed to carry a concealed weapon." If you have just "concealed carry" people are going to assume anyone can carry a concealed weapon. This is VERY important when conducting a poll such as this."

Their questions were very vague and I know what kind of response they were looking for when asking those types of questions. The way they worded, they want student to respond negatively without showing the actual positive response of being able to defend ourselves and being the first line of defense.
Kimber Ultra CDP II
Ruger LCP
Students for Campus Carry

BrianSW99
Posts in topic: 1

Re: UT Dallas Student government's survey

Post by BrianSW99 »

The location of that particular survey is here:

http://www.utdallas.edu/student/sg/soundoff/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No Facebook account needed.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Thanks
I want OMR 48 scantron forms ... I don't need them, but they're pretty :biggrinjester:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
GrandSporTA

Post by GrandSporTA »

Thanks. I didn't know if I should of posted the actual survey or not.
Kimber Ultra CDP II
Ruger LCP
Students for Campus Carry

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

I used to be a student at UT Dallas, and might be again some day, so I figure they'll want my opinion as well. :mrgreen:
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Dave2 wrote:I used to be a student at UT Dallas, and might be again some day, so I figure they'll want my opinion as well. :mrgreen:
I lived on Spring Valley and Coit, and on E. Abrams/Gaston, intend to go back to school ... have relatives there, one Pastors a church, been thinking about matriculating there, so I figured they'd want mine too since I can't afford SMU.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Pacifist

Post by Pacifist »

Dave2 wrote:I used to be a student at UT Dallas, and might be again some day, so I figure they'll want my opinion as well. :mrgreen:
I've never attended UT Dallas, and likely never will, but I'm certain that they will appreciate my opinion, too.

mreavis

Post by mreavis »

Pfftt scantron machine. I want an ammunition vending machine.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

mreavis wrote:Pfftt scantron machine. I want an ammunition vending machine.
The made a crucial error in their survey... The answer for the scantron question wasn't multiple choice, it was fill-in the blank. Had all of their questions been as petty as this one, there would've been all kinds of mischievous things written in there. But since we want to be seen as mature and responsible people, I just wrote, "I dislike scantrons". (I really do dislike them. There's no place in that tiny little row of dots to write out why the question really isn't valid, or how the answer we're expected to give is A, but the correct answer is B, or any of those other things I like to do when I'm feeling very picky.)
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

mreavis

Post by mreavis »

Yea I just put "n/a"

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”