This is killing me...

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
firefighter3217
Posts in topic: 3

This is killing me...

Post by firefighter3217 »

Okay, so I vote that the Legislators should post their progress on bills (ie: HB86 and the other campus carry and other misc. firearms related bills) every week online... I'm going crazy waiting to hear the results!!!

I don't guess anybody has any inkling as to their progress on it and/or what the consensus is in the legislature right now...???
about 65 days to plastic...
Carry guns:
Springfield V-10 3.5" 1911(thanks again, Texasvet)
Glock 26
Springfield XD40 4"
Llama 1911 (hey, don't knock it. Never had a SINGLE reliability problem with it. Over 1000 rounds through it.)
(lots of long guns, and a few other pistols for other use)

Waco Kid
Posts in topic: 1

Re: This is killing me...

Post by Waco Kid »

Just remember, what's the opposite of Progress...

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

firefighter3217 wrote:Okay, so I vote that the Legislators should post their progress on bills (ie: HB86 and the other campus carry and other misc. firearms related bills) every week online... I'm going crazy waiting to hear the results!!!

I don't guess anybody has any inkling as to their progress on it and/or what the consensus is in the legislature right now...???
The Bill Status Report I used to keep here on TexasCHLforum is now on http://www.TexasFirearmsCoalition.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on this page https://texasfirearmscoalition.com/inde ... t&catid=58" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; You can click on each bill number and be taken to the TLO website that shows the status of each bill. You can also see the text of the bill.

There isn't something to report every week and I can't really post everything that is being done without tipping off the opposition so they can counter. I do post what we refer to loosely as "calls to action" when we need voters to start making calls and sending faxes, but thankfully that doesn't happen every week.

Chas.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Charles,
Can you add HB 698 and 1463 to that list? They're definitely CHL-related. Both are, IMHO, a very bad idea.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Shoot Straight
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Shoot Straight »

As a reminder, you can track the official status of any Texas bill online.
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... umber.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It won't tell you what's happening behind the scenes, but for HB86 it tells you it was referred to the House committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety on 02/09/2011.
Ride
Shoot Straight
Speak the Truth

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

lkd wrote:Charles,
Can you add HB 698 and 1463 to that list? They're definitely CHL-related. Both are, IMHO, a very bad idea.
Yes, I'm going to update it with those bills.

Chas.

Topic author
firefighter3217

Ok, I guess I need to re-read my government textbook from a few years ago... I forgot that they didn't vote after the reading. That makes sense of course, but I just wasn't thinking apparently...
That said, I'm going to go brush up on the path of bills in the Texas congress from introduction to passing (or dying for that matter)...
Carry guns:
Glock 26
Springfield XD40 4"
Llama 1911 (hey, don't knock it. Never had a SINGLE reliability problem with it. Over 1000 rounds through it.)

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Here's a handy "flowchart" (shenanigans and horse-trading not included :biggrinjester: )

http://www.tlc.state.tx.us/docprod/Hous ... iagram.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
firefighter3217

lkd wrote:Here's a handy "flowchart" (shenanigans and horse-trading not included :biggrinjester: )

http://www.tlc.state.tx.us/docprod/Hous ... iagram.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks!!! :txflag:
Carry guns:
Glock 26
Springfield XD40 4"

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

firefighter3217 wrote:
lkd wrote:Here's a handy "flowchart" (shenanigans and horse-trading not included :biggrinjester: )

Thanks!!! :txflag:
Just remember: ‎'...the making of laws is like the making of sausages—the less you know about the process the more you respect the result.' - Frank W. Tracy

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”