SB354 as amendment to SB 5

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 3

SB354 as amendment to SB 5

Post by J.R.@A&M »

“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

Re: SB354 as amendment to SB 5

Post by baldeagle »

That's hilarious. I guess Wentworth figured two could play the game. If the Democrats want to kill SB 354 with their minority, then make an end run around them on a bill authored by a Democrat.

Now the Higher Education bill won't pass unless SB354 is voted on, and it only requires a majority for it to become an amendment to SB 5. There's hope for us yet. Of course we still have to deal with the Calendars Committee in the House....
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

tarkus
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tarkus »

I love it. If the antis won't allow SB354 a fair debate, then tack it onto a bill they will debate. :lol:
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's on the internet, thank a geek.

Topic author
J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Another comment from Sen. Wentworth in this Dallas Morning News blurb. http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/ ... andgu.html

If the democrats will offer procedural roadblocks tomorrow, does it matter who is presiding? I hope it is not Ogden.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Monker10

Post by Monker10 »

That was a very clever move. Lol I love it. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. He's going to make it very difficult for them so that they will have to allow a fair vote on the bill so that they can get back to their own business. :lol:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

See the call to action here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44576" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chas.

Smily

Post by Smily »

Lets DO IT !!! CALL CALL CALL

-Smily

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Jasonw560 »

What's the chance she permanently pulls down her bill?
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

warhorse10_9

Post by warhorse10_9 »

I called my senator.
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Jasonw560 wrote:What's the chance she permanently pulls down her bill?
It's possible, but SB5 supposedly is something desperately needed by schools because of budget cutbacks. If she really believes that, then it will make it hard to kill her own bill. So I guess she has to decide whether she wants to press on with real world help for schools, or keep up with the boogeyman charade. I do enjoy watching her squirm. "rlol" :rolll :smilelol5:

My guess is Democrats are contacting schools now to see which is more important to them; killing camp-carry or passing SB5. There is a House companion and we can do the same thing there, so it's not like she can pull it down, then wait for the House version.
Chas.

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 29

Post by RPB »

I E-mailed her about "budget cutbacks" and how Schools getting an Immunity which they currently do not enjoy could benefit Schools as far as potential Insurance savings and/or immunity from lawsuits due and associated costs, to decreased risk.

Because NOW if the gun I'm FORCED to store in a car gets stolen and used on campus ... the school might be sued.

Why would she be against getting a new immunity, decreasing risk of lawsuits, and/or saving money during budget cutbacks?

:mrgreen:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Jasonw560
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Jasonw560 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Jasonw560 wrote:What's the chance she permanently pulls down her bill?
It's possible, but SB5 supposedly is something desperately needed by schools because of budget cutbacks. If she really believes that, then it will make it hard to kill her own bill. So I guess she has to decide whether she wants to press on with real world help for schools, or keep up with the boogeyman charade. I do enjoy watching her squirm. "rlol" :rolll :smilelol5:

My guess is Democrats are contacting schools now to see which is more important to them; killing camp-carry or passing SB5. There is a House companion and we can do the same thing there, so it's not like she can pull it down, then wait for the House version.
Chas.
Could it be a tit-for-tat thing? One of the Senators (Lucio) agrees to bring 354 to a vote if Wentworth takes it out of SB5?

Wishful thinking on my part....or maybe my letter back to him helped. :mrgreen:
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

jmra

Post by jmra »

Maybe everyone should be contacting her and telling her how important her bill is and that it needs to be passed in spite of the campus carry amendment. :evil2:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Luggo1

Post by Luggo1 »

Could it be a tit-for-tat thing? One of the Senators (Lucio) agrees to bring 354 to a vote if Wentworth takes it out of SB5?

Wishful thinking on my part....or maybe my letter back to him helped. :mrgreen:
Isn't Lucio the one that has demonstrated his "word" isn't worth anything already?

Coogan

Post by Coogan »

Even if she does decide to pull her bill, there will always be next time. As long as we have at least 16 votes on our side, then campus carry will become a "tar baby" for any future broad-based higher education reform. Those with influence in higher education would be wise to let this pass, because if they don't, it will keep coming back to haunt them.

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”