They gloat

Colleges are places to learn, not die at the hands of attention-starved mass-murderers.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

They gloat

Post by RPB »

Press release

http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/1483/ ... se_KEY=421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guns on Campus Fails in 15 states
Jul 21, 2011

For Immediate Release

Guns on Campus Legislation Fails in Vast Majority of States in 2011 –

Biggest Defeats Include Arizona, Louisiana and Texas
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

tbrown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: They gloat

Post by tbrown »

People who are not criminally insane should ask themselves why would the Brady Campaign and the Republican leadership in the Texas House, want more robberies, more rapes, and more violence against disarmed innocents.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

PracticalTactical

Post by PracticalTactical »

The headline in the press release is misleading.

Guns on campus didn't fail in 15 states, bills allowing legally-carried guns on campus failed in those states. Criminals bring guns onto campus all the time, and if a mass shooter shows up, they'll bring their guns regardless of the law.

We already have guns on campuses, now we just need to allow the law-abiding to do the same :)

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

legislation that would take away an educational institution’s right to prohibit or adopt policies to regulate possession of firearms on campus.
...and the origin of that "right" is what again?

The legislation would have RESTORED the rights of individual students to protect themselves from the crimes that the politically motivated administrations at the education institutions deliberately hide from public view.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPB »

chasfm11 wrote:
legislation that would take away an educational institution’s right to prohibit or adopt policies to regulate possession of firearms on campus.
...and the origin of that "right" is what again?

The legislation would have RESTORED the rights of individual students to protect themselves from the crimes that the politically motivated administrations at the education institutions deliberately hide from public view.
I think the list of "imagined rights" is probably way too long to list ... wish I'd have started keeping a list years ago, I think now most "made up" rights are just getting really funny. And those claiming a sao-called right" never seem to comprehend ... :lol:

I'm not sayin' ALL these new "rights" are bad ... patient rights, credit card customer "rights" etc, but it's gotten silly. I mean hey .... animals are people too ... "rlol" I'm waiting for "prevent cruelty to celery" groups to form now. ... vegetables are people too ... and of course "discrimination" against someone with "no hair on their toes" .... would bring a class action suit ...
Last edited by RPB on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...we'd just better all pray that they don't come to regret their victory...when they get the call about THEIR son or daughter being shot or raped...they'll understand then, but it'll be too late...

Return to “Concealed Carry on College Campuses”