CANCELLED: Call-To-Action: SB273 - Unenforceable 30.06 signs

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SA-TX
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Call-To-Action: SB273 Re Unenforceable 30.06 signs

Post by SA-TX »

I sent my senator, Birdwell, a note of thanks for being the first to join Sen. Campbell in this effort. More to come later.

SA-TX

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

K5GU wrote:I just faxed 11 letters to the Texas Senate, including one to my Senator. Thanks.
and to the Lt. Governor: http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 15#p966001
Me, too. I sent individually worded letters and specifically asked Lt. Gov. Patrick to remember his campaign promises to us.

Edit:
FYI for those who don't know it, Windows 7 has a built in Fax facility. You "print" to the fax control program. So I compose in MS. Word and print to the Fax. I admit that I'm probably one of the few with a FAX board still in my computer but I moved it up from an older machine and it works fine.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

artx

Post by artx »

Faxed all committee members + Lt Gov Patrick.

I use the GreenFax.com service (lots of similar services out there, no affiliation, just the one I use. You send an email to them with the phone number as the adressee - like 1234567890@greenfax.com, and they email you back when the fax is delivered. I start getting the response mails in a few minutes. It is satisfying :)

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

chasfm11 wrote:
K5GU wrote:I just faxed 11 letters to the Texas Senate, including one to my Senator. Thanks.
Me, too. I sent individually worded letters and specifically asked Lt. Gov. Patrick to remember his campaign promises to us.

Edit:
FYI for those who don't know it, Windows 7 has a built in Fax facility. You "print" to the fax control program. So I compose in MS. Word and print to the Fax. I admit that I'm probably one of the few with a FAX board still in my computer but I moved it up from an older machine and it works fine.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that utility require your computer to be connected to an active land line?
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

TexasCajun wrote:
chasfm11 wrote:

Edit:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that utility require your computer to be connected to an active land line?
Yes it does.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

artx wrote:Faxed all committee members + Lt Gov Patrick.

I use the GreenFax.com service (lots of similar services out there, no affiliation, just the one I use. You send an email to them with the phone number as the adressee - like 1234567890@greenfax.com, and they email you back when the fax is delivered. I start getting the response mails in a few minutes. It is satisfying :)
If you fax (in + out) less than 100 pages/month, http://www.maxemail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is only $24/year.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Anyone who has not responded to this CTA, PLEASE DO SO NOW!!

Chas.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Made some calls on this.

I expressed support for two reasons - one, it's wrong for any level of government to misrepresent the law, assuming authority for something they do not lawfully control. That's why, er, we vote so carefully for Presidents who won't exceed executive authority, for example.

The other reason to support this is that any measure to bind our government to its own laws is a good and wonderful thing - and a little rare, too. Remember Al Gore's "no governing authority?" What he meant was he was breaking laws that did not carry any penalties. There are too many things the government requires of itself that don't have penalties, and therefore life just goes merrily along if the government goes rogue.

If this measure doesn't pass we need to ask what other provisions of law a government entity is at liberty to invent on the fly.

K5GU
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K5GU »

Here's a tip if you're trying to find a Senator's fax number in Austin. I had to do this to find my Senator's Austin fax since the only one listed on his web page was his local district location. I called the Capitol phone number (it should be area code 512) and they answered on the first ring, got the fax number that way.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/Members/ ... ?Chamber=S
Life is good.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Faxes sent!
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Been away a few days,, just noticed this today, hope it is not too late..writing and faxing NOW>
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

Yes, I just noticed this too. Charles, do you still need us to move on this?
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

sugar land dave wrote:Yes, I just noticed this too. Charles, do you still need us to move on this?
Yes! There's no need for the same people to write or call, but anyone who hasn't responded yet, please do. Also, please get your friends and family to do so.
The numbers in the CTA are the fax numbers because letters are better than phone calls and everything is better than email. I posted both the phone and fax number of all of the Members of the Senate State Affairs Committee here: viewtopic.php?f=133&t=76536" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chas.

Jim Beaux

Re: CANCELLED: Call-To-Action: SB273 - Unenforceable 30.06 s

Post by Jim Beaux »

Maybe Im overly sensitive - but I really have a problem with dismissive condescension :grumble
Dear Mr. Beaux:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write to me about Senate Bill 273. I always appreciate hearing from great citizens like you who care about the future of our great state of Texas.

This legislative session, we are faced with a number of challenges, including reforming our educational system to provide Texans more choice, lowering property and business taxes across the state and securing our borders – just to name a few. It is a new day in Texas and I am looking forward to working alongside all members of the Legislature to resolve these challenges. My goal is to keep the Lone Star State the best place in America to own a business and raise a family.

I invite you to visit my official website, at https://www.ltgov.state.tx.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to contact my office directly and share your thoughts and ideas.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments with me. I encourage you to continue making your voice heard to the officials who represent you, and stay involved in the issues affecting our great state of Texas.

Sincerely,

Dan Patrick

Lieutenant Governor
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: CANCELLED: Call-To-Action: SB273 - Unenforceable 30.06 s

SB273 was voted favorably from committee, as substituted. I'm trying to get a copy of the substitute Bill.

Chas.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”