Yes, believe it...Stevie-D is looking for a job...

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

lonewolf
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Yes, believe it...Stevie-D is looking for a job...

Post by lonewolf »

I feel your pain, brother. Laid off after 11 years in May of '08, then found work after 1 1/2 months only to be laid off AGAIN in May of '09. If you run across anything in the material handling/maintenance world, give me a shout. Right now I am using TXVets benefits for college. Helps pass the time......certainly can't hurt....

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DoubleJ »

So, Steve, since you're on Unemployment, does this make you an honorary Democrat? just curious...

:biggrinjester:
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

lonewolf
Posts in topic: 2

Post by lonewolf »

Ouch!!!

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 9

Post by stevie_d_64 »

DoubleJ wrote:So, Steve, since you're on Unemployment, does this make you an honorary Democrat? just curious...

:biggrinjester:
Yeah, I come back in here and this is what I get???

Be glad you are up in the rainy Northwest Pilgrim!!! I might pin a tail on yer donkey for that comment!!!

(oh, thats a good one...I need to write that one down so I don't forget it!)

BTW, if there is anything more embarrasing...I need to know...Because even though I have not been a total slug in trying to find good employment, I am still sort of without...

Coming up on a year...This is just total crap in my book...

I don't even want to hire me... :totap: :smilelol5:

Good thing I still have my looks and sense of humor...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

gregthehand
Posts in topic: 4

Post by gregthehand »

PM me your email so I can send you a job posting I got for a company here in Houston. Dont' worry not NOV. Although we do have a few openings.......
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

karl

Post by karl »

I know this is a bit generic but my Dad works for Exxon and tells me they're always looking to hire. I did a quick search of all jobs in the gulf coast area and it came up with a decent list, not sure if the job titles would suit your fancy. Good luck with your search!

Link wasn't working in the editor, I'll PM it to you...
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

This is incredible...I actually applied to two jobs I found today...I knwo for a fact I'll be competing against a lot of people I know for these two positions...Some of which I know have been out of legitimate industry work (we do) as long a I have been looking...

Considering the year that I have had so far with the health problems, I ask for guidance, wisdom and forgiveness every day...

Maybe some reverse psychology would work??? :thumbs2:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

CaptWoodrow10

Post by CaptWoodrow10 »

stevie_d_64 wrote:This is incredible...I actually applied to two jobs I found today...I knwo for a fact I'll be competing against a lot of people I know for these two positions...Some of which I know have been out of legitimate industry work (we do) as long a I have been looking...

Considering the year that I have had so far with the health problems, I ask for guidance, wisdom and forgiveness every day...

Maybe some reverse psychology would work??? :thumbs2:

Great to hear you found a couple to apply for. Good luck!
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber CDP II

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I have applied, or presented my resume' to companies (some the same over the last year) at least an average of 4-5 times a week...

I am no longer on unemployment, I cannot qualify for that till I can get healthy again, and that will hopefully be in a couple of weeks...But getting back on unemployment to me is not something I want to pursue...

It is deader than a doornail, and I am not so sure this industry (oil, gas, energy), or the economy is ever going to recover enough to get a healthier job hiring rate going anytime soon...Nothing new is being contracted, sold, refurbished, expanded for us to work on...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

gregthehand
Posts in topic: 4

Post by gregthehand »

It's scary that's for sure. We just aren't sure one month to the next what the future of our jobs are in the oilfield. The BP Spill is keeping everyone busy but I'm looking around and seeing so many people from other area. Which means to me that their old job is probably not needed where they are normally at.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

Return to “Job Board”