Peace Officer Positions ???

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
para45
Posts in topic: 1

Peace Officer Positions ???

Post by para45 »

Okay, So I am going to go to the Academy this August! :hurry: I have always wanted to become a LEO, but I was to young while going to college (6 months.) I was laid off from my job in January, and now am I working in the field with people that are "criminally insane". Like I said I will be attending the Academy in August, and graduating in the 2nd week of December. My question is with the economy the way it is, is it hard to find a job being a LEO without experience? My ultimate goal would be to find a sheriff's department somewhere in West Texas, but probably would look for anything just starting out. I have never lived in "East Texas", always been out west. Well let me know if anyone knows anything about the subject.

dicion

Re: Peace Officer Positions ???

Post by dicion »

HPD Is currently Hiring. They've had a big Hiring push for the past few months.

http://www.houstontx.gov/police/careers.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Consider registering at PoliceLink (http://www.policelink.com/). A good place to get first-hand information, ask questions, and to network with others.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

txfireguy2003

Post by txfireguy2003 »

The Texas Municipal League also has a section with jobs on their website.

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

txfireguy2003 wrote:The Texas Municipal League also has a section with jobs on their website.
+1 TML is a great resource for any municipal job. http://tml.associationcareernetwork.com ... ePage.aspx

The hiring process is long and involved for any peace officer position. Start early. Some departments will be glad to see that you have taken the initiative to put yourself through the academy. Some will make you go through thier academy even if you are already licensed. Many will hire you anbd pay you as a recruit while in the academy. You may also consider applying for a position as a reserve officer, or a jailor as a way to get your foot in the door.

There are many people on this board that are LEOs of one form or another. Good luck in the academy, and good luck with the job search.

Oh, yeah you may want to Google "Victoria College practice tests" they will come in handy.

baseballguy2001

Post by baseballguy2001 »

I'm not sure where you are, but Arlington PD is hiring. The new Cowboys Stadium just opened and we need cops!

http://www.arlingtonpd.org/index.asp?ne ... /index.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

Rockrz

Post by Rockrz »

baseballguy2001 wrote:The new Cowboys Stadium just opened and we need cops!
Yeah, to block for Romo!
(somebody ought to...)

Return to “Job Board”