Looking for a New change

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
sneedb82
Posts in topic: 3

Looking for a New change

Post by sneedb82 »

After being laid off in January from my previous employer, I've searched corporate and public accounting in Lubbock and have the toughest time. I don't want to sound desperate, but, I feel that I'm in a saturated market, with too many companies paying too little for the services and experience that I have. I may be wrong, however, if I am, I'll be humble enough to admit it.

I was previously on staff with a contract oil/gas drilling company (publicly traded) as a Staff Accountant. I've been in the oilfield in some way for the past 4 years or so, and have an ag background as well. I have a Master of Science in Accounting, and will have an MBA in Finance in June. I'm not afraid to move to anywhere, preferably in State though. Dallas, Ft Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus, Houston, etc. If any one has any leads, I would greatly appreciate the info. I don't see anything wrong with trying to "network" with my fellow CHLers... at least we have a common interest there.

Thank you all. Please email me if you'd like, or PM me here. My wife and I own our own photography business, as the reason for the "corporate" email address. However, she's HIGHLY mobile. Thank you.

-Brandon Sneed
brandon@sneedinc.com
Last edited by sneedb82 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tass
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Looking for a New change

Post by Tass »

A friends husband with a similar background has had good luck getting contract work via Robert Half Firm here in Houston. He's now working overseas and enjoys it.

Tass
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh crap, she's up"

Topic author
sneedb82

Post by sneedb82 »

Tass wrote:A friends husband with a similar background has had good luck getting contract work via Robert Half Firm here in Houston. He's now working overseas and enjoys it.

Tass
Thank you for the head's up. I've registered and applied to three temp jobs with them so far. We'll see how that goes :) Appreciate the advice.

Topic author
sneedb82

Post by sneedb82 »

Robert Half and Accountemps has provided no sure leads even providing contacts with jobs in my area, and nothing out of my area is willing to contact me due to being so far away (Temp to hire is not a relocating type job opportunity!)

Applied in several companies in the area, and so far, only 5 interviews in 4 months. Banks don't want me because I have never worked in a bank (although worked with money extensively in the past), and firms do not want me because the only Accounting experience I have is industry. I cannot put my MBA down because they feel I'm too expensive.

Any suggestions to seasoned employers with this type of experience in job searchers and what should and shouldn't be done?

Return to “Job Board”