Stevie-D is on final...

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

cowboymd
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Stevie-D is on final...

Post by cowboymd »

stevie_d_64 wrote:Yep, if everything works out (and it will), the long (jobless) drought will be over very soon...

1,378 feelers (applications, resumes) sent out worldwide...Divided by 20 months...Factor in only 3 interviews (no offers)...Comes out to about 2 attempts everyday to find work...I believe it has been an overall "fail" on my part...

Pending one more "formality" interview to set the salary...bingo...

Congrats on the new job. :hurry: Reading what you have been through makes me appreciate my job even more.
TSRA Member
NRA Life Member

gmckinl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gmckinl »

stevie_d_64 wrote:Wheels stop...

Will be starting next week...

Going to have to calculate how long this ride was...Feb. 20th, 2009 -- Oct. 28th, 2010

But not going to dwell on it...Looking forward, but always remember what it took to crawl out of this rut...

It's character building...
Congratulations. Hopefully my day will come soon.
NRA Life Member

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Crossfire »

stevie_d_64 wrote:Wheels stop...

Will be starting next week...

Going to have to calculate how long this ride was...Feb. 20th, 2009 -- Oct. 28th, 2010

But not going to dwell on it...Looking forward, but always remember what it took to crawl out of this rut...

It's character building...
Stevie - you oughta have more character now than you will ever need! Congrats on the job!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Going to have to scrub 3 days off of that start date...They want me bad...I start Monday...Got all the paperwork in today via email, just got it all done, and ready for them bright and early...

Have to go submit for a drug test either tomorrow evening or sometime Saturday...

Good thing I have my medication list to support any "hits" when the results come back...I know some of this stuff will make an eyebrow raise...hehehe

Might as well be in full disclosure mode...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

tomc

Post by tomc »

Congrats, Stevie!
be safe,
be prepared,
tomc

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Congradulations Steve
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

HarleyDave

Post by HarleyDave »

Great news in these worst of times for the unemployed and for our country. Sure feels good to get a job. Again, congratulations.
CHL Class 10/8/10,
LICENSE n Hand 11/12/10
His Firearms - Glock19, Springfield 1911 3", Sig P238, KAHR P380, Bond Arms Snake Slayer
Her Firearms - Glock19, Springfield 9 XD SC, Sig P238 {Liberty}

jamisjockey

Post by jamisjockey »

Here's to hoping you don't go-around!

:cheers2:

Is it an aviation job?

I've actually been working on going back to work. Heck of a time to be doing so. I've got about one year left of shelf life for going back to ATC, but I won't take anything besides HOU or IAH....we're tired of relocating. Might have found an in for an office job with the US Marshals, totally unrelated to my old career field. :headscratch

Anyways not meaning to hijack your thread. Congrats!

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Congratulations, Steve!

Your time between gigs and the effort it took to find a new one are not measures of failure - they're actually the markers of perseverance and success. The effort and time it took to land your new job required are very typical for a well qualified and highly motivated individual who has to find a new position in the same pay range as his old one in this stagnant economy. Folks who have stopped looking because it's too hard and too discouraging to make hundreds of contacts without success may gain new hope from your story.

By the standard that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, you should take pride in your new psychological and emotional muscles.

I know from personal experience that what you've been through is a good deal rougher than it sounds in the telling.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

HarleyDave wrote:Great news in these worst of times for the unemployed and for our country. Sure feels good to get a job. Again, congratulations.
:iagree: I am sure that you are extremely happy to be back to work.
NRA Endowment Member

OldSchool

Post by OldSchool »

Congratulations!

Especially in this (political) recovery, when govt spending is over 12% of the GDP and 20% are underemployed. You did it!!! :cheers2:
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!
NRA Life Member - TSRA - PSC
NRA Certified Basic Rifle Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer

12/23/2009: Packets delivered.
01/15/2010: Plastic in hand!

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Just checking back in on an old thread...

I am extremely thankful for the thoughtful comments...I am humbled...

I have rewarded myself in two areas...I still have one more friend I am trying to get in to the big leagues here, and I feel it is worth it to encourage those I know who know the industry to get the additional training in software and knowledge of the projects going around in the Energy Corridor and find a firm that will get you back into the game...

The other prize is coming soon in a recent purchase I am making now...I've waited a long time to get this one...And its very nice...Some here are wanting pics and they are coming...hehehe
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Congrats Stevie-D :hurry:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “Job Board”