Looking for a job that will let me carry...

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Reds45ACP
Posts in topic: 6

Looking for a job that will let me carry...

Post by Reds45ACP »

Hey All. I am interested in finding work at an employer that won't mind me carrying on the job.

General background:
10 years working since completing undergrad. 5 years since grad school.

I have 6 years experience as a financial analyst (most recent) and 4years sales/insurance/banking experience before t.

I have a bull in Marketing and an MBA with an MIS focus.

I'm good with my hands as well. I wrench on my own cars and do some hack "gunsmithing".

I'm doing financial work now and I'm good at it but in no way married to it. I'm in Austin and willing to commute to most of the communities surrounding the area. If you want more detail I can send a resume.

Let me know.
Hello. My name is Red and I used to carry a .45. Now I carry a 9mm and it's getting easier to admit every day.

Topic author
Reds45ACP

Re: Looking for a job that will let me carry...

Post by Reds45ACP »

glock27 wrote:its one of those dont ask dontn tell type of situations.... i cant think of any jobs that in their employee handboook it will say you are allowed to carry unless your at a gun shop/range or a security/LEO

other than that

any job in Texas DONT ASK DONT TELL...
Not really true. Small and medium sized businesses often don't address CHL status. Just looking for one of those opportunities. I figure if someone is on Texaschlforum.com it's not a mystery that I carry and if they happen to be the proprietor of a business or working for a CHL friendly company they can point me in the right direction.
Hello. My name is Red and I used to carry a .45. Now I carry a 9mm and it's getting easier to admit every day.

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

Look for a Texas company instead of one headquartered in newer England or Kalistan.

Also, like Red said, smaller companies are less likely to have 500 page employee manuals with anti-gun policies.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mojo84 »

If you want to sell property and casualty insurance on commission, we are very pro concealed carry.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Reds45ACP

Post by Reds45ACP »

bizarrenormality wrote:Look for a Texas company instead of one headquartered in newer England or Kalistan.

Also, like Red said, smaller companies are less likely to have 500 page employee manuals with anti-gun policies.
Just not Gov't job at an Airport like me... I can't even have a pocket knife.

Topic author
Reds45ACP

Post by Reds45ACP »

mojo84 wrote:If you want to sell property and casualty insurance on commission, we are very pro concealed carry.
Been there. Didn't do so well with cold calling/door knocking/high pressure sales stuff. It was like a relief when my Life & Health license expired in Nevada. I have a ton of respect for good sales people because of that experience though. That is not an easy job and the guys who are good at it make it look easy.

40khammer

Post by 40khammer »

The Police Department I work at is hiring :p

Topic author
Reds45ACP

Post by Reds45ACP »

40khammer wrote:The Police Department I work at is hiring :p
I've seriously considered it my father was a reserve police officer for 30 years. However, I'm 32 and about 30lbs overweight. I suspect no PD is gonna want me. Perhaps as a special forensic accountant or financial investigator.

snatchel

Post by snatchel »

Look at car dealerships-- The Finance Officers do really well in the money department, you aren't having to hustle sales...

My dealership is a dont ask/dont tell thing. Not a word about guns in the handbook.
No More Signature

Topic author
Reds45ACP

Post by Reds45ACP »

snatchel wrote:Look at car dealerships-- The Finance Officers do really well in the money department, you aren't having to hustle sales...

My dealership is a dont ask/dont tell thing. Not a word about guns in the handbook.
Hmm that's a good thought. Aside from guns cars are my other expensive hobby...

Return to “Job Board”