Hiring Event- Veterans/Military- Dallas, April 11th

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TxSheepdog
Posts in topic: 1

Hiring Event- Veterans/Military- Dallas, April 11th

Post by TxSheepdog »

On April 11, 2013, JPMorgan Chase will host a 100,000 Jobs Mission hiring event for military veterans, transitioning service members and their spouses in Dallas. More than 85 employers will be there recruiting military talent for over 5,000 jobs in the Dallas area - and over 80,000 jobs nationwide - ranging from entry-level to managerial positions. The companies span a number of industries from technology, energy and retail to financial services, defense and telecommunications. See the list of employers on the event flyer here.

If you know any U.S. military veterans, transitioning servicemembers or military spouses seeking employment, please consider sharing this event information with them. Here are all of the event details:

Event: 100,000 Jobs Mission Hiring Event hosted by JPMorgan Chase

Date/Time: Thursday, April 11, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Central Time

650 South Griffin Street
Dallas, TX 75202

Registration: Job seekers are encouraged to register online prior to the event. Participants should also bring multiple copies of their resume and be prepared for interviews.

Attire: Business attire is suggested.

About the 100,000 Jobs Mission: Launched in 2011, the 100,000 Jobs Mission is a coalition of 99 companies committed to hiring at least 100,000 U.S. military veterans by 2020. The coalition's companies have collectively hired 51,835 veterans in two years. For more information on the 100,000 Jobs Mission, visit 100000jobsmission.com.

Thank you for your continued support of our mission and service to our country.
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Friedrich Nietzsche

uthornsfan

Re: Hiring Event- Veterans/Military- Dallas, April 11th

Post by uthornsfan »

Here is a FYI for anyone thinking about going to this event in the future.

Don't go.

Use the list of employers to browse their websites and apply for jobs there. Thats all anyone that I spoke with wanted me to do. I spent $30 getting resumes ready, $60 driving to Dallas (I live in Austin) just to hand people resumes who were not actual people doing the hiring. It was pretty frustrating, there was 1 job that I was really interested in and I thought I had a good chance if I could actually talk to someone about it. Instead the people there had little to no information about the position and just kinda blew me off.

I think EMC was the only employer who I enjoyed talking with but they dont have any positions in Austin.

JChoate81

Re: Hiring Event- Veterans/Military- Dallas, April 11th

Post by JChoate81 »

I volunteered this event and I can say that there were many veterans got hired. There were over 150 employers participating in the 100,000 Jobs Mission by 2015 and they are well on their way to exceeding that goal.

Return to “Job Board”