My son needs a job....

If you have a job you want to offer to TexasCHLforum members first, or if you are looking for a job, post it here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

My son needs a job....

Post by The Annoyed Man »

My son just got laid off from his job. He was employed by Black Optex, a manufacturer/seller of night vision related items. His skill-set includes gunsmithing, firearms valuation, inventory control and warehousing, PhotoShop, sales, and general office/clerical skills. His last job prior to the one he just lost was the firearms valuation expert for an independent insurance adjuster's office—and he would prefer to remain in the gun world if that is possible. In the job he just lost he was hired as a gunsmith/technical support guy, and to do tradeshow sales. Black Optex is apparently having some cash flow issues and my son, being the low man on the totem pole, was the first one to feel the bite.

Prior to these two jobs, he had retail experience with both Bass Pro and Academy, and he was a swing shift lead person at Gamestop warehouse in the refurbishment department for several years, where he supervised a crew of about 8 people. He's a hard worker and has great leadership characteristics. This is the first time he's not leaving a job for a better job.

He's a brand new home owner with a mortgage payment, and they are down to one income right now. He needs to get a job pretty fast. Anything anybody might know of that is up his alley would be much appreciated. PM me of you have a job available and want to talk with him, and I'll give him your contact information.

Thanks much from a worried father.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jumping Frog

Re: My son needs a job....

Post by Jumping Frog »

Wish I had a way to help. Hope he lands on his feet . .. SOON.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

He may have to apply at dept stores making 10 buck a hour for a temp job. A little paycheck is better than no paycheck.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

hankintexas

Post by hankintexas »

Have your son go to http://www.Diebold.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. We may have an opening in the area. If he is mechanically minded. We specialize in safes, atm's, alarm and locks. pm me if you need help
Hank Henry
NRA Instructor / NRA LIFE MEMBER / NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Job Board”