So, which republicans held our bills back?

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

stroo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: So, which republicans held our bills back?

Post by stroo »

Agree on parties not making as much difference as they should. However the title of this thread it "which Republican held our bills back". That misses the bigger picture that it was Democrats who did the chubbing and wasn't the House in fact organized this year by a coalition of Democrats and Republicans, not just Republicans. I believe that organization contributed to the killing of our bills. Let's put the blame where it belongs.

nitrogen
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nitrogen »

I happen to think that our ire should be equally directed at those that were chubbing, as well as those that prevented the timely debate and voting of our bills.

That ire doesn't necessarily mean oppose them for election, but might.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

joe817

Post by joe817 »

nitrogen wrote:I happen to think that our ire should be equally directed at those that were chubbing, as well as those that prevented the timely debate and voting of our bills.

That ire doesn't necessarily mean oppose them for election, but might.
:iagree: completely! :rules:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
boomerang wrote:The first time to vote against your do-nothing incumbent is during the primary. Hopefully that works. If not there's always the general election.
Voting for the "opposition" regardless who it is, what is known about them, or without any reasonable expectation that they will not be better on our issue does not help us prepare for 2011. As I noted, no one in Texas is more frustrated than I am, but let's not cut off our noses to spite our faces. As Larry said, the primary is the key.

Chas.
Bingo!!! Those primaries are a fantastic opportunity to get up close and personal so YOU can decide for yourself who is the best candidate for your vote in the "real" election...And not just rely upon what others think and or say about the person...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “2009 Texas Legislative Session”