News article about chl on fox 26 houston

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
EHS
Posts in topic: 2

News article about chl on fox 26 houston

Post by EHS »

But there is one more key element to be aware of if planning to pack heat for protection.

Criminal defense attorney and FOX 26 legal analyst Chris Tritico says, "What we've seen happening since the law passed, is somebody gets pulled over that has a concealed carry permit is the police take extra precautions which means it takes longer for you to get through this traffic stop, whether you get a ticket or not.."

That is correct; each time someone is stopped by police for a traffic violation, officers will see that he or she eligible to carry a weapon. In most cases, officers will call for back-up and will approach a suspect's vehicle from all sides. It is no joke!

Now if someone is still willing to obtain a permit, a good weapons shop will walk a customer through his or her options to find the right fit .
What do you think about FOX 26 legal analyst Chris Tritico and his ideas about the "warning" of getting a chl?
:patriot: :txflag:
READ THE AVATAR

USA1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: News article about chl on fox 26 houston

Post by USA1 »

It tells me that he probably doesn't have a CHL nor the correct facts to back up his claim.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

EHS wrote:What do you think about FOX 26 legal analyst Chris Tritico and his ideas about the "warning" of getting a chl?
I think his statement doesn't accord with the experiences of people on this forum.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Topic author
EHS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by EHS »

I agree with both of you. I just wish the media was more into reporting facts instead of opinions.
READ THE AVATAR

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

bull. I had couple encounters with LEOs and none of that bull ever happened. First stop was for speeding and the second for someone who failed to yield and hit my car. Scare tactics.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

The sad part is, we know the report is full of crap.. but the majority of the listeners, do not and never will. It's on TV after all. so it must be true.

That is correct; each time someone is stopped by police for a traffic violation, officers will see that he or she eligible to carry a weapon. In most cases, officers will call for back-up and will approach a suspect's vehicle from all sides. It is no joke!
Oh there is a joke in that report, but it's not what the reporter had in mind.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Douva

Post by Douva »

I got pulled over in Dallas last weekend, for making a turn out of the center lane. The stop didn't take any longer than normal, but while the officer was running my plates, before approaching the vehicle, a couple of other cop cars pulled up behind him. One officer got out of each car, and one stood to the rear of my vehicle, while the other stood near the passenger door. It seemed like a lot of attention for an illegal turn, and I commented to my wife that I wondered if they saw from my vehicle registration that I was a CHL holder and decided to take extra precautions.

But the cop didn't seem too interested in my CHL, and I got off with a warning, so maybe it was the holiday weekend that had them being extra cautious.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

If we find out that this is really happening, it might make a good case against profiling. Here we have a normally law abiding citizens who is being stopped for a traffic violation automatically upgraded to almost felony stop status because they have been investigated and are licensed to carry a gun.

There would be something very wrong with that picture.

Comments have been sent to Fox 26.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

TXlaw1

Post by TXlaw1 »

jimlongley wrote:If we find out that this is really happening, it might make a good case against profiling. Here we have a normally law abiding citizens who is being stopped for a traffic violation automatically upgraded to almost felony stop status because they have been investigated and are licensed to carry a gun.

There would be something very wrong with that picture.
Good point, Jim. Kinda reverse discrimination! :iagree:
Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NET) Also, Jesus said, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed"(Luke 11:21 NAS)

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

EHS wrote:
But there is one more key element to be aware of if planning to pack heat for protection.

Criminal defense attorney and FOX 26 legal analyst Chris Tritico says, "What we've seen happening since the law passed, is somebody gets pulled over that has a concealed carry permit is the police take extra precautions which means it takes longer for you to get through this traffic stop, whether you get a ticket or not.."

Now if someone is still willing to obtain a permit, a good weapons shop will walk a customer through his or her options to find the right fit .
What do you think about FOX 26 legal analyst Chris Tritico and his ideas about the "warning" of getting a chl?
Chris is an excellent criminal attorney, but he's dead wrong on this issue.

Chas.

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

Here are the videos for the Fox 26 Newscast

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

GaryAdrian

Post by GaryAdrian »

I have heard of this guy on AM740. I never would think he'd be that uninformed on this. Never have I seen any thing close to what he's describes.
:nono:
NRA Life Member
Texas State Rifle Association
NRA-Certified Firearms Instructor

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”