Bill White and the Democrats

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
brazosriver
Posts in topic: 4

Bill White and the Democrats

Post by brazosriver »

I normally vote republican, but can anyone give me Bill Whites position on the current or future guns laws in Texas.

PRO
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bill White and the Democrats

Post by PRO »

http://www.lonestarreport.org/Managemen ... -back.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bill White was anti gun while he was mayor of Houston. I don’t think his position has changed.
Phil

It is the little people who will suffer from QE2. The buying power of my mothers retirement will decrease by 40%

Ashlar

Post by Ashlar »

The NRA-PVF rates White as a 'B'. In any other state, I'd say he's an 'A'.

He had the good sense to run, not walk, away from Bloomberg's MAIG group.

Overall? Meh.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

brazosriver wrote:I normally vote republican, but can anyone give me Bill Whites position on the current or future guns laws in Texas.
Here's an indirect piece of info: He claims in his ads that he wants to secure the borders, but as mayor of Houston, he ran it as a sanctuary city. Where do most "sanctuary city" mayors sit on gun rights versus gun control?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

He claims to be pro gun. But then again, he's a politician and will say pretty much anything to get elected.

Perry may not be perfect, but he certainly supports our right to keep and bear arms, as has been proven by his signing of pro gun legislation.

I guess its up to you what to believe. Words or actions. :txflag:
TANSTAAFL

williamkevin

Post by williamkevin »

In my humble opinion....run as far and as fast as you can from this guy. I've lived in the H-town area since 2004 and I can tell you he is a seasoned POLITICIAN, but doesn't have the common sense God gave a goat....

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

Bill White was a member of Bloomberg's Mayors Against Handguns and resigned when he decided to run for Govenor, that speaks volumes to me.....
Salty1

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Salty1 wrote:Bill White was a member of Bloomberg's Mayors Against Handguns and resigned when he decided to run for Govenor, that speaks volumes to me.....
It speaks that he's a politician who knows it would be used against him in a statewide election. That doesn't say much in his favor.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

EHS

Post by EHS »

WOW Someone mentioned that Bill White should have gotten an A rating???? How quickly people let things slide. If he was stupid enough to get into the "Mayor's against your rights club" for any reason he deserves an F!!! But then Houston has not had any good canidates for mayor for a longggg time, heck look at the latest choices. I know no canidate is perfect but we do not need a liberal to quickly destroy this great state. Barry S. is doing a good enough job by himself. I need to stop before I get going to much. I will just leave you with these words "Sanctuary City"!!
Thanks for your time.

:patriot: :txflag:
READ THE AVATAR

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Y'all don't want my opinion...

Life is too short to live it entirely in Houston...

I have a Dream! :thumbs2:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Grammy

Post by Grammy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
brazosriver wrote:I normally vote republican, but can anyone give me Bill Whites position on the current or future guns laws in Texas.
Here's an indirect piece of info: He claims in his ads that he wants to secure the borders, but as mayor of Houston, he ran it as a sanctuary city. Where do most "sanctuary city" mayors sit on gun rights versus gun control?
I agree with you.

I saw a poll this morning that said there was only one point separating them, I find that hard to believe.
Jim
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always depend on the support of Paul.

rgoldy

Post by rgoldy »

Whatever his other faults, and by me they are legion, Bill White is not a friend to the 2nd Amendment. He is a democrat and liberal. The fact that he had some success in business prior to deciding that he knew what was good for Houston better than the residents did, not withstanding.
Perry is in this case re-electable if for no other reason than being the lesser of two evils.
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
JOIN NRA[/i] JOIN TSRA

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

rgoldy wrote:Whatever his other faults, and by me they are legion, Bill White is not a friend to the 2nd Amendment. He is a democrat and liberal.
As I and others have stated many times before, being a Democrat and Liberal does not necessarily make one an opponent of the 2nd Amendment by default.

Read the latest on Jerry Brown. He continues to astound me, but for different reasons now...
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

Grammy wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
I agree with you.

I saw a poll this morning that said there was only one point separating them, I find that hard to believe.
Jim
I guess it depends what poll you are looking at. They had one on ABC13 last night that had Perry at 52% and White at 45%.
CHL since 01/26/09

Topic author
brazosriver

Post by brazosriver »

Thank each of you for your advise, opinions. this year for me is a dificult choise. I admit I do not like Perry for numerous reasons. That is why I am trying to get information that will help me select the lesser of two evils. It seems too often that our political parties leave us in this position too often.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”