Dan Patrick

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

EHS
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Dan Patrick

Post by EHS »

gemini wrote:
EHS wrote:
gemini wrote:Guys, Dan Patrick was not the ONLY one voting themselves the "elite person" usage of SB905. Some of the anti Dems voted for it too.

That said, If I was in Dan Patrick's district, I would continue to vote and support him. He has helped us (CHLers) tremendously.

In fact years ago, when I first got my CHL, the delivery times were very, very long. I called Dan Patrick's office, his staff helped me
connect with people that were able to expedite the process. I was traveling that summer with my youngest son to select baseball tourneys
in states throughout the south. There were no problems encountered on our trips, but I felt much more secure knowing I was legal to carry
in those other states as well as our own. I appreciated that help then. Dan Patrick is our friend.

I am not worried about the dems and how they vote. I know who they are looking out for and it is not me. I am also glad that you believe he helped you out. But he is not helping me out by Heading up a bill that allows Dan Patrick to protect himself but I would be a criminal if I were to do the same thing. I am disappointed with the elitest attitude of this bill. I guess my family and my life are not as vauable as the elite ELECTED. Just because he says he is a consevative does not mean I have to beleive everything he says and does. That is the reason this country is in the shape it is in now.
Sir, if you think for one minute I agree with the "elitist mentality" our legislators used in passing SB905 you have made a grave error in judgement.
However, I'm not prone to throwing the baby out with the bathwater and I wouldn't throw Dan Patrick under the bus for this faux pas against the CHL community. YMMV

Sir, nobody threw the "baby out with the bathwater" or "threw Dan Patrick under the bus". I am not going to agree with everything that a "gun friendly" politician is going to do. Heck, if I remember correctly NRA thought about endorsing Harry Reid in 2010.

[quote
Here is what NRA Executive Vice-President Wayne LaPierre said about Reid, as reported in this interesting paragraph in the Las Vegas Review Journal concerning endorsements for Reid:

Talk about bringing out big guns.

Sen Harry Reid, D-Nev., got National Rifle Association leader Wayne LaPierre to speak about Reid's support for gun rights.

Reid is in dire straits, electorally speaking, and needs all the help he can get lining up votes on the conservative side of the spectrum.

"He is a true champion of the Second Amendment back in Washington, DC," LaPierre said of Reid at a dedication for a new shooting range.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Why does the NRA support Harry Reid? - National Conservative | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in ... z1MBvKtday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
][/quote]

I did not agree with the NRA then and I do NOT support Harry Reid then or now. It is our right to challenge our reps and make sure they work for US. If I hurt Dan Patrick's feeling for questioning his decision then he is in the wrong line of work. I stand by the fact that I believe this is an elitest law. To me, my family and my life are no less vauable than the elite ELECTED.

:patriot: :txflag:
READ THE AVATAR

gemini
Posts in topic: 4

Post by gemini »

I've not found ANY politician at any level, city,state or federal that I agree with 100% of the time.
In fact, nowhere even close to 100%. Do I think SB905 is elitist? Yes. Do I like it? No. Should SB905
included all CHL's? Yes. However, until someone better comes along that is financially conservative,
and supports 2A, AND is willing to author CHL/2A bills and present them to our state legislators ....

fickman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by fickman »

Am I the only one who keeps opening this thread thinking it'll be about sports talk? I'm getting better, now I remember it's about the politician while the page is still loading. . .
Native Texian

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

So, there has been plenty of time and effort spent on getting a "legislature only" expansion of CHL, but the Parking Lot bills and Campus Carry bills (and amendments) have had to be fought tooth and nail to push things though...and I still haven't heard that Parking Lot is a done deal or that Campus Carry is anything but on life support (following the twists and turns is darn difficult)...if this were the only sketchy thing an otherwise good legislator did, then I would have to forgive it...but it still gets the hackles up a bit.

tbrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tbrown »

fickman wrote:Am I the only one who keeps opening this thread thinking it'll be about sports talk? I'm getting better, now I remember it's about the politician while the page is still loading. . .
Maybe he shoulda stuck to what he was good at.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”