Forget police drones, these insect drones are really scary

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 4

Forget police drones, these insect drones are really scary

Post by VMI77 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... lance.html

The featured little mosquito drone has some wicked potential not only for covert surveillance, but covert assassination. Note what looks like a little hypodermic needle in the nose.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Heartland Patriot

Re: Forget police drones, these insect drones are really sca

Post by Heartland Patriot »

I saw that same article this morning. But now when I go to the article, the pic of the insect drone is gone...just the pics of the bird and police drone up on the page. So, the question is: did they post something they weren't supposed to or did they post a pic that was merely graphics and not real? Either way, that pic is gone. :o

speedsix
Posts in topic: 5

Post by speedsix »

Heartland Patriot wrote:I saw that same article this morning. But now when I go to the article, the pic of the insect drone is gone...just the pics of the bird and police drone up on the page. So, the question is: did they post something they weren't supposed to or did they post a pic that was merely graphics and not real? Either way, that pic is gone. :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... l?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heartland Patriot

speedsix wrote:
Heartland Patriot wrote:I saw that same article this morning. But now when I go to the article, the pic of the insect drone is gone...just the pics of the bird and police drone up on the page. So, the question is: did they post something they weren't supposed to or did they post a pic that was merely graphics and not real? Either way, that pic is gone. :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... l?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I clicked your link...I see the article. I see the pics of the bird drone and the police drone...just no insect drone. I looked to see if my adblocker software blocked that image for some reason, but not that I can tell. If you guys can still see it, I believe you...just my computer acting up, I guess.

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...nope, it's mine, too...I googled insect drone...chose the link I posted...clearly saw the "mosquito" with the hypo beak sitting on the finger...cut and pasted it, and checked it...it was still there...now it's not...go through google like I did...and pick the link that's UK...and you'll see it...they must be doing it in their system...

...put in "insect drone" and it's the top choice...small pic of it on the page...see if you can post it without it changing...

Topic author
VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
speedsix wrote:

I clicked your link...I see the article. I see the pics of the bird drone and the police drone...just no insect drone. I looked to see if my adblocker software blocked that image for some reason, but not that I can tell. If you guys can still see it, I believe you...just my computer acting up, I guess.

It's been removed, but some of the comments still mention it. Now I wish I'd saved the page and pic.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...got it again: http://patdollard.com/2012/06/swarms-of ... veillance/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heartland Patriot

Yep, that's the pic I saw alright. I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows it was taken down from the DM page...like I said though, WHY? :headscratch

Topic author
VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

speedsix wrote:...got it again: http://patdollard.com/2012/06/swarms-of ... veillance/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You gotta wonder why it got scrubbed from the UK mail article......

Last edited by VMI77 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...I think they just updated/consolidated it...papers often do that...

...I wouldn't worry about these...unless they're wearing turbans...

Topic author
VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

speedsix wrote:...I think they just updated/consolidated it...papers often do that...

...I wouldn't worry about these...unless they're wearing turbans...

Hard to explain why they scrubbed the best photo illustrating the article though, and left in the lame photo of the seagull.

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...they're a bit less mainstream than the Saturday Evening Post, I guess...

...now for objective reliablility... http://silverunderground.com/2012/06/ti ... at-drones/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

VMI77 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... lance.html

The featured little mosquito drone has some wicked potential not only for covert surveillance, but covert assassination. Note what looks like a little hypodermic needle in the nose.
The wonders of PhotoShop.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Heartland Patriot

The Annoyed Man wrote:
VMI77 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... lance.html

The wonders of PhotoShop.
That's what I was wondering about why the DM got rid of the photo...such as if they realized they put up a bogus pic...makes them look kind of silly on a story that is supposed to be serious.

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MeMelYup »

Maybe it collects blood for DNA cataloging.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”