U.S. Army 3rd Infantry "Old Guard" ... My Son

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

teri
Posts in topic: 1

Re: U.S. Army 3rd Infantry "Old Guard" ... My Son

Post by teri »

Very impressive! My heartfelt thanks to your son for his service (and the previous 4 generations!).
6/2/12 - CHL Class
7/20/12 - Plastic in hand!

~Do it today! It might be illegal tomorrow. - author unknown~

G26ster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G26ster »

That is the Army's most prestigious assignment. He will carry that honor for life, and he will never forget it. You can be very proud, and thank him for all of us for his service.

AustinBoy

Post by AustinBoy »

Very Sharp!

A big thanks to your son and your entire family.

God bless.

AB
NRA - Life Member
TSRA - Life Member

glockstero
Banned

Post by glockstero »

That's what happens when you raise them right! Great job!
:clapping:

Topic author
Medic624
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Medic624 »

To all who responded... Thank you so very much for all your kind words! We are obviously very proud of him and his accomplishments. He loves being a Soldier and said to me that he finally feels like he is where he belongs... (Prior to this he did 2 yrs of a 4 yr college on a football/academic scholarship... Even still he always said he never quite felt as if he was doing what he should be doing with so many of his HS friends being deployed). He had been telling me since he was 7 he wanted to be either a Marine or Army Ranger and, in the 14 years since he first said he wanted to join he had never wavered on his conviction. I had always said, that is a very noble endeavor but all I ask is that you go to college and go in as an Officer... Life happens and he decided to leave school to enlist and enlist as an Infantryman at that. As I said, we are all very, very proud of him and his decision.

Again, thank you all... it is greatly appreciated!

:patriot: :txflag: :patriot:
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG)
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

G26ster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G26ster »

Medic624 wrote:To all who responded... Thank you so very much for all your kind words! We are obviously very proud of him and his accomplishments. He loves being a Soldier and said to me that he finally feels like he is where he belongs... (Prior to this he did 2 yrs of a 4 yr college on a football/academic scholarship... (Even still he always said he never quite felt as if he was doing what he should be doing with so many of his HS friends being deployed). He had been telling me since he was 7 he wanted to be either a Marine or Army Ranger and in the 14 years since he first said he wanted to join he had never wavered on his conviction. I had always said, that is a very noble endeavor but all I ask is that you go to college and go in as an Officer... Life happens and he decided to leave school to enlist and enlist as an Infantryman at that. As I said, we are all very, very proud of him and his decision.

Again, thank you all it is greatly appreciated!

:patriot: :txflag: :patriot:
As a former Infantry enlisted man, and later Infantry officer, your son may some day decide to go the officer route, and being a member of the "Old Guard" will look very good on his application.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”