President actively supporting bill to ban "most guns"

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

President actively supporting bill to ban "most guns"

Post by RPB »

http://offgridsurvival.com/obama-feinstein-gunban/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jay Carney told reporters the president will be actively supporting Senator Dianne Feinstein’s gun control legislation. The legislation is expected to go after all semi-automatic weapons and firearms that can hold over ten rounds of ammunition.
said this bill will not only ban the sale and transfer of a huge number of firearms, but it will also make possessing them illegal.
Last edited by RPB on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 2

Re: President actively supporting bill to ban "most guns"

Post by canvasbck »

:mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 Is all I can say within forum rules
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

atticus
Posts in topic: 1

Post by atticus »

The same federal government that came up with Homeland Security and the TSA in response to the 9-11-01 attack, ignoring how Israel has stopped airline terrorism, now wants to ban guns in response to the Connecticut shooting disaster. Hacking at the leaves, ignoring the roots of the problem. Instead of intensive interviewing to find the real terrorists in airports, the feds want to put EVERYONE thru the wringer. Instead of concentrate on finding the criminals and mentally ill who would be a danger with guns, the feds want to deny EVERYONE the ability to defend themselves. Well, there's a little thing called the second amendment that should be a problem for the feds. It will be fascinating to see how the gun grabbers violate the constitution to promote their agenda. Not nice to watch, but fascinating.

handog

Post by handog »

As predicted by those who have been paying attention. First the (non) Patriot act, then NDAA. All we have left is our right to bear arms. Opportunity is knocking on the front door of the White House.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Did we expect any less? Now is the time for our Senators and Representatives to gird their loins for battle. Have you written,or otherwise, contacted your Senators and Representatives yet? The NRA is gonna' need all the help it can muster if we are to weather this mighty storm with minimal losses.

Poldark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Poldark »

handog wrote:As predicted by those who have been paying attention. First the (non) Patriot act, then NDAA. All we have left is our right to bear arms. Opportunity is knocking on the front door of the White House.
Remember this little gem :shock: ?????

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Term Limits, Please.

mgwerks

Post by mgwerks »

"When in the course of human events..."

Poldark

Post by Poldark »

mgwerks wrote:"When in the course of human events..."
Never going to happen, too much reality TV to watch :biggrinjester:
Term Limits, Please.

handog

Post by handog »

Oldgringo wrote:Did we expect any less? Now is the time for our Senators and Representatives to gird their loins for battle. Have you written,or otherwise, contacted your Senators and Representatives yet? The NRA is gonna' need all the help it can muster if we are to weather this mighty storm with minimal losses.

Be sure you include a "campaign contribution" in the form of check or money order with your letter if you seriously want your Senators attention.

RSJ

Post by RSJ »

Just renewed my NRA membership.
NRA Member

packina45

Post by packina45 »

atticus wrote:The same federal government that came up with Homeland Security and the TSA in response to the 9-11-01 attack, ignoring how Israel has stopped airline terrorism, now wants to ban guns in response to the Connecticut shooting disaster. Hacking at the leaves, ignoring the roots of the problem. Instead of intensive interviewing to find the real terrorists in airports, the feds want to put EVERYONE thru the wringer. Instead of concentrate on finding the criminals and mentally ill who would be a danger with guns, the feds want to deny EVERYONE the ability to defend themselves. Well, there's a little thing called the second amendment that should be a problem for the feds. It will be fascinating to see how the gun grabbers violate the constitution to promote their agenda. Not nice to watch, but fascinating.

This administration has run rough-shod over the Constitution before. What makes you think the 2nd Amendment will stop them?

"Interesting times" are ahead. And we're destined to live through them.

At this point, I would fully support, should it come to pass, a measure for Texas to secede from the Union.
CHL timeline: 43 days mailbox to mailbox

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Oldgringo wrote:Did we expect any less? Now is the time for our Senators and Representatives to gird their loins for battle. Have you written,or otherwise, contacted your Senators and Representatives yet? The NRA is gonna' need all the help it can muster if we are to weather this mighty storm with minimal losses.
I have indeed contacted my Congresswoman on this issue. I am far less worried about Senator Cornyn and Senator-elect Cruz, and will remain that way unless Mr. Cotton tells us differently or I hear something that changes my mind about either one of those gentlemen. Additionally, I emailed Senator Joe Manchin, (D) of West Virginia and politely explained to him that he isn't the Senator of a liberal coastal state and that a lot of folks in West Virginia might not be happy with him supporting gun control.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I will spring for discounted and special offer NRA life member. Numbers do matter.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

RSJ

Post by RSJ »

Beiruty wrote:I will spring for discounted and special offer NRA life member. Numbers do matter.
:tiphat: :patriot: :txflag:
NRA Member

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Beiruty wrote:I will spring for discounted and special offer NRA life member. Numbers do matter.
If you are serious, send me a PM with your telephone # and I'll conference call the NRA with you to sponsor your Life membership.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”