Gun Control Distraction

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
smtimelevi
Posts in topic: 2

Gun Control Distraction

Post by smtimelevi »

Since all of the gun control legislation and obama/biden/fienstien ban proposals and demonizing American gun owners it seems as everyone has conveniently forgotten about the financial and taxation crisis in this country. In my opinion I think this is just a win win for obama. He screams gun control ( a topic he knows will piss off most of the country) to please his base. Everybody will be so outraged by gun control nonsense they will forget about the gooberment destroying the economy. If none of the gun control measures pass he has still pleased his base, bought some time and his financial backers will be happy. All the while voters are forgetting about the fiscal crisis. If he does get some of it passed I'm sure he would think thats great but if not at least he can take the focus from the real issues at hand.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gun Control Distraction

Post by anygunanywhere »

smtimelevi wrote:Since all of the gun control legislation and obama/biden/fienstien ban proposals and demonizing American gun owners it seems as everyone has conveniently forgotten about the financial and taxation crisis in this country. In my opinion I think this is just a win win for obama. He screams gun control ( a topic he knows will piss off most of the country) to please his base. Everybody will be so outraged by gun control nonsense they will forget about the gooberment destroying the economy. If none of the gun control measures pass he has still pleased his base, bought some time and his financial backers will be happy. All the while voters are forgetting about the fiscal crisis. If he does get some of it passed I'm sure he would think thats great but if not at least he can take the focus from the real issues at hand.
When I speak to Cornyn, Cruz, and my rep I reming them that there are far more important issues besides confiscating my firearms.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

Obama has successfully put us into an unwinnable situation. If we ignore this distraction, he gets disarmament and he wins. If we agressively fight this latest attack on our individual rights, the headlines aren't mentioning Fast and Furious, Bengazhi, the economy, illegal appointments, and the plethora of other transgressions against our free society.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Topic author
smtimelevi
Posts in topic: 2

Post by smtimelevi »

I did comment on exactly that when I wrote my reps recently anygun. The truth is we are in between a rock and a hard place with this one. I cant say I know what to do about it but I'm sick and tired of it.

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

Obama will use financial collapse to incite mass panic and people will resort to violence to survive when banks close and no one can buy or sell anything and begin to starve and then will institute martial law to restore order and confiscate guns.

Obama, our saviour. (Sarcasm,disgust)
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

G27RR

Post by G27RR »

canvasbck wrote:Obama has successfully put us into an unwinnable situation. If we ignore this distraction, he gets disarmament and he wins. If we agressively fight this latest attack on our individual rights, the headlines aren't mentioning Fast and Furious, Bengazhi, the economy, illegal appointments, and the plethora of other transgressions against our free society.
The press wasn't talking about any of that in any serious way anyway, unfortunately.
TSRA Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation Life Member
NRA Endowment Life Member
My blog - http://g27rr.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My EDC - STI Shadow

stroo

Post by stroo »

It is like the fastbreak basketball played by Grinnell College in Iowa. You keep pressing and running and throwing so much at the other team that they can't respond to everything. Usually politicians don't want to do this because politicians can generally only focus on one issue at a time. So to get something passed you focus on one thing and don't push the others. Obama has turned this on its head. He did this at the beginning of his first term too. It worked in the first term. Let's hope it doesn't in the second.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

LSUTiger wrote:Obama will use financial collapse to incite mass panic and people will resort to violence to survive when banks close and no one can buy or sell anything and begin to starve and then will institute martial law to restore order and confiscate guns.

Obama, our saviour. (Sarcasm,disgust)
That's not going to work out well for him, trust me.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”