NY- 9 yr old shoots at robbers with robbers gun

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Re: NY- 9 yr old shoots at robbers with robbers gun

Post by VMI77 »

jimlongley wrote:
MotherBear wrote:
FL450 wrote:I hope boy isn't charged for a minor being in possession of an illegal gun.
I'm not familiar with NY law, but logic (yes, I realize that's in short supply in NY) seems to indicate the robbers should be charged with making the weapon available to a minor. I could live with that. :smash:
I am, and section 265 and 400 of the penal code will be enforced against the person who committed the most violations and least likely to be able to defend himself in court, the child.

The home invaders can't be charged under section 400 because it specifically states "lawfully possessed" and they didn't, but the child can because he handled the gun without a license, and "A Misdemeanor."

Under 265, same thing, but adding 265.05, 265.03 due to 265.05, and 265.08 due to 265.03 and all this due in part to the new 265.36, the kid will be tried and convicted of a Clsss C Felony.

No reason to expect any difference from Andy Cuomo.
It was the kid's fault anyway, for having a home; the home invaders no doubt did not have his advantages and were just doing their best to survive. :biggrinjester:
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

hounddog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by hounddog »

I don't think he needs a councilor, sounds like he needs more range time to make center mass hits. I'm glad someone has taken enough time to at least teach him enough about firearms so he could handle the situation. They are nothing but scum of the earth if they mess with that boy. That should be the norm all over our country. This is America.
Larry D. Price

Ericstac

Post by Ericstac »

You have to wonder what kind if life this kid has to have the mentality to pick up a gun and start shooting at someone. I have 4,9,11 year old boys and they are around my guns and even shoot occassionally, but if it came down to this I don't think they have the aggressive behavior to take revenge on the burglar like that. Now this kid, odds are his parents don't have guns and no range time or experience in the house with guns found himself to have this aggressive behavior... At 9 yrs old. Is it due to street thuggin life? It's not video games.. My kids play all the violent games and it doesn't affect them.

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

hounddog wrote:I don't think he needs a councilor, sounds like he needs more range time to make center mass hits. I'm glad someone has taken enough time to at least teach him enough about firearms so he could handle the situation. They are nothing but scum of the earth if they mess with that boy. That should be the norm all over our country. This is America.
Since he only shot once, most likely, he picked up the gun and had an "accidental" discharge.
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

Ericstac wrote:You have to wonder what kind if life this kid has to have the mentality to pick up a gun and start shooting at someone. I have 4,9,11 year old boys and they are around my guns and even shoot occassionally, but if it came down to this I don't think they have the aggressive behavior to take revenge on the burglar like that. Now this kid, odds are his parents don't have guns and no range time or experience in the house with guns found himself to have this aggressive behavior... At 9 yrs old. Is it due to street thuggin life? It's not video games.. My kids play all the violent games and it doesn't affect them.
My 14 year old son would be able to. But we spend lots of time talking about guns, self-defense, self-reliance, etc. Heck, we heard our wheelie-bins get knocked over late one night and he ran upstairs to grab my 9mm (I told him to) to back me up while I checked it out (everything was fine, BTW, it was just an enormous housecat messing with my bins). But he was fully prepared to back up Dad! I was very proud of him (and am VERY glad that it turned out to be nothing).

My 16 year old daughter OTOH..... Well, I think she'd have a tough time. She's got Asperbergers and has a tendency to "freeze" and/or freak out when things don't go the way she thinks should.

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

Ericstac wrote:You have to wonder what kind if life this kid has to have the mentality to pick up a gun and start shooting at someone. I have 4,9,11 year old boys and they are around my guns and even shoot occassionally, but if it came down to this I don't think they have the aggressive behavior to take revenge on the burglar like that. Now this kid, odds are his parents don't have guns and no range time or experience in the house with guns found himself to have this aggressive behavior... At 9 yrs old. Is it due to street thuggin life? It's not video games.. My kids play all the violent games and it doesn't affect them.
Revenge? I call it survival instincts and protecting his family.
Street thuggin life? Maybe he just has strong role models in his life.

My 11 year old wouldn't have missed.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”