Cornyn and McConnell Will Not Back Ted Cruz

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 18

Re: Cornyn and McConnell Will Not Back Ted Cruz

Post by mojo84 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His explanation.

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

APynckel wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
APynckel wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
APynckel wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
APynckel wrote:
atticus wrote:I was not aware we have recall for U.S. senators in Texas. I, for one, don't believe in recalls. I think we make our best judgment at election time. Our next judgment, as voters, comes at the time of the next election. I think a no-recall system promotes good representative government - we elect people we believe will use their best judgment during their term. And then we allow them to exercise that judgment. If, as in Cornyn's case, it turns out that the elected representative takes a stand on one or more issues that is so bad we don't want that person in office any more, then we can have it out at the next election campaign. That being said, I believe Cornyn is up for re-election in 2014. He may well draw a primary opponent over this Obamacare issue.
There should always be a "final option" if the person you elected outright lied to you about their intentions.
What lie did Cornyn tell?

Chas.
That he would vote to defund obamacare, then vote FOR cloture so that the dems would win, and he would get a political "no" vote on the final bill....... :grumble

You worry me chaz.
Please link to a post where Sen. Cornyn said he'd vote to defund Obamacase.

Chas.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Not quite, now show me his vote to add funding back to the Senate bill.

Chas.
He voted FOR cloture.....

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/ ... care.html/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nice try sport. Show me where he voted to strip the defunding provision from the House Bill. Come one now, show me his vote or admit you make a false allegation about Cornyn.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Okay, maybe you can help APynacel show me where Sen. Cornyn voted to strip the defunding provision from the House Bill.

Chas.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Some would say he is playing politics and using political doublespeak.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Mr. Cotton, if you read this, I am truly puzzled why Senator Cornyn voted for cloture. I just can't see any good from him voting that way.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

mojo84 wrote:Some would say he is playing politics and using political doublespeak.
There absolutely is political game playing; I don't deny that. However, when a Forum Member with a history of inflammatory statements makes a false allegation, it's as bad as political-speak.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

K.Mooneyham wrote:Mr. Cotton, if you read this, I am truly puzzled why Senator Cornyn voted for cloture. I just can't see any good from him voting that way.
I agree. Read my preceding post.

Chas.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Some would say he is playing politics and using political doublespeak.
There absolutely is political game playing; I don't deny that. However, when a Forum Member with a history of inflammatory statements makes a false allegation, it's as bad as political-speak.

Chas.
And the dems/liberals appear to be much better at it. Many, including me, see voting for cloture as giving up the only true leverage the conservatives may have had to force the dems to negotiate. If I'm totally off base, I am open to more explanation.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

mojo84 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
And the dems/liberals appear to be much better at it. Many, including me, see voting for cloture as giving up the only true leverage the conservatives may have had to force the dems to negotiate. If I'm totally off base, I am open to more explanation.
I wasn't referring to your posts.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

KHOU Ch. 11 in Houston just included a news report that Sen. Cruz's popularity is soaring among Republicans.

Chas.

gringo pistolero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gringo pistolero »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:KHOU Ch. 11 in Houston just included a news report that Sen. Cruz's popularity is soaring among Republicans.
Sticking to your guns increases popularity while appeasement does the opposite? Imagine that.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

APynckel wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Strat9mm wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
APynckel wrote:We need to recall Cornyn.
Based upon what!?

Chas.
His refusal to even try.
Try what? Don't give general comments, please give specific details as to what would justify a recall.

Chas.
1) not asking his constituents their opinion on the matter

2) when they gave him their position, refusing to abide by them.
Didn't both Cruz and Cornyn just vote the same way? I thought the vote was 100 to 0? Am I mistaken?

tommyg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tommyg »

I have no love for Cornyan but the alternative could be worse pick the lesser of two evils
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

atticus
Posts in topic: 8

Post by atticus »

Cornyn and a bunch of other Republican senators voted with the Harry Reid led Democrats to end cloture, knowing all the time that Reid would strip out the House defunding provision. In the context of his cloture vote, Cornyn's later vote against the stripped senate bill was meaningless, and he knew it. It is somewhat misleading for Cornyn to claim that he has done everything he could do to defeat Obamacare. He did not fight cloture when he had the opportunity to do so. After all the dust settles, it is Cruz who comes out on top, because he did all he could to bring political heat to bear on the topic. It remains to be seen how much trouble this causes for Cornyn.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

atticus wrote:Cornyn and a bunch of other Republican senators voted with the Harry Reid led Democrats to end cloture, knowing all the time that Reid would strip out the House defunding provision. In the context of his cloture vote, Cornyn's later vote against the stripped senate bill was meaningless, and he knew it. It is somewhat misleading for Cornyn to claim that he has done everything he could do to defeat Obamacare. He did not fight cloture when he had the opportunity to do so. After all the dust settles, it is Cruz who comes out on top, because he did all he could to bring political heat to bear on the topic. It remains to be seen how much trouble this causes for Cornyn.

I do believe Cruz ALSO voted for cloture. The only difference I see between Cornyn's actions and Cruz's are that he stood around grandstanding for 20 hours.

Expect the market to crash today. Thanks for that.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”