Beto 2.0?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Beto 2.0?

Post by RPBrown »

Three time loser. He needs to learn that Texas doesn't want him. He is not a winnable candidate, just a crook.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

RPBrown wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:39 am Three time loser. He needs to learn that Texas doesn't want him. He is not a winnable candidate, just a crook.
:iagree:

This is what happens when you have voter integrity laws. The crooks are gonna have to steal elections somewhere else.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Post by anygunanywhere »

Grayling813 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:09 am Image
"rlol"
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

RPBrown wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:39 am Three time loser. He needs to learn that Texas doesn't want him. He is not a winnable candidate, just a crook.
:thumbs2:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

puma guy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:23 am
:thumbs2:
I have a different opinion. He should run early and often. The money that he and Stacy Abrams (another loser) are bleeding off the Democratic war machine is a wonderful benefit. Neither of them has any chance of winning so every penny spent on them is money that is not attacking good GOP candidates. I'm happy about the Vance win in Ohio but it was a very expensive win and the excess money spent there couldn't help Arizona and Georgia which are very necessary. In politics it is the long game that counts and I'm happy to let the incompetent candidates on the other side work for ours.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

chasfm11 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:06 pmI have a different opinion. He should run early and often. The money that he and Stacy Abrams (another loser) are bleeding off the Democratic war machine is a wonderful benefit. Neither of them has any chance of winning so every penny spent on them is money that is not attacking good GOP candidates. I'm happy about the Vance win in Ohio but it was a very expensive win and the excess money spent there couldn't help Arizona and Georgia which are very necessary. In politics it is the long game that counts and I'm happy to let the incompetent candidates on the other side work for ours.
I disagree. There is a major problem with both Beto and Abrams running. They are both guaranteed losers and the Democratic party knows this. They finance them because both of them excite the people and bring out the youth to vote. That helps carry other races for their party. This is especially true with Abrams in Georgia, as seen by how she twice has saved Warnock, but it is also true for Beto I think. He probably helped contribute to Houston and Dallas staying democratic, though they might have done that on their own anyway.
Steve Rothstein

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

09FA473B-E098-4FC4-9547-0BAFF7D1D238.jpeg
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

srothstein wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:58 pm
chasfm11 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:06 pmI have a different opinion. He should run early and often. The money that he and Stacy Abrams (another loser) are bleeding off the Democratic war machine is a wonderful benefit. Neither of them has any chance of winning so every penny spent on them is money that is not attacking good GOP candidates. I'm happy about the Vance win in Ohio but it was a very expensive win and the excess money spent there couldn't help Arizona and Georgia which are very necessary. In politics it is the long game that counts and I'm happy to let the incompetent candidates on the other side work for ours.
I disagree. There is a major problem with both Beto and Abrams running. They are both guaranteed losers and the Democratic party knows this. They finance them because both of them excite the people and bring out the youth to vote. That helps carry other races for their party. This is especially true with Abrams in Georgia, as seen by how she twice has saved Warnock, but it is also true for Beto I think. He probably helped contribute to Houston and Dallas staying democratic, though they might have done that on their own anyway.
100% agree. His down-ballot impact has been devastating to Harris County since his loss to Cruz a few years ago. He needs to go away.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

I think he's the most successful loser in history. While I'm not sure exactly how, I'm convinced he's monetizing these campaigns. He becomes more of a celebrity at each run. In the eyes of many on the loopy left, he's a brave David taking on republican Goliaths. If nothing else, he feeds his narcissistic ego.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:17 pm
09FA473B-E098-4FC4-9547-0BAFF7D1D238.jpeg
Well there's always 3.0
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

srothstein wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:58 pm
I understand your point. There is no question about the possibility of "coattails" the same way that Zeldon lost the NY governor's race but pulled along several House candidates, probably through increased turnout.

Looking at the other possibilities, however, there are Democratic candidates like Warnock and Fetterman who, despite their baggage win races. A better candidate than Beto might have made Abbot's victory more difficult, given the grass roots dislike for the way that he has handled many important topics. Fetterman was a terrible candidate and still won, perhaps on the coattails of Shapiro who didn't really have a compeitor
The GOP has to face the reality that their ground game is generally sub par and they have won with lackluster candidates and messages more than they should have. That will get worse if there are better choices than Beto or Abrams on the Democratic side. Ad long as Beto and Abrams hold those spots, their defeat is assured.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

My take is that Beto is a sociopath slacker who doesn't want to actually work for a living. Running for office allows him to drive around Texas, live in hotels, eat out everyday, for no 'work' beyond making appearances and speeches spouting the usual leftwing drivel. All paid for with somebody else's money. He doesn't want to be elected; he'd have to be at an office forty hours a week with people expecting him to do things, and make decisions.....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:44 pm My take is that Beto is a sociopath slacker who doesn't want to actually work for a living. Running for office allows him to drive around Texas, live in hotels, eat out everyday, for no 'work' beyond making appearances and speeches spouting the usual leftwing drivel. All paid for with somebody else's money. He doesn't want to be elected; he'd have to be at an office forty hours a week with people expecting him to do things, and make decisions.....
Isn't that the definition of a parasite?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”