Ukraine goes all 2nd amendment all of a sudden

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Ukraine goes all 2nd amendment all of a sudden

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ukr ... bear-arms/

Interesting.

CNN goes all 2nd Amendment as well.

powerboatr

Re: Ukraine goes all 2nd amendment all of a sudden

Post by powerboatr »

interesting for certain
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

Seems a little late. Sounds like a possible cover for this:

CIA-trained Ukrainian paramilitaries may take central role if Russia invades
The CIA is overseeing a secret intensive training program in the U.S. for elite Ukrainian special operations forces and other intelligence personnel, according to five former intelligence and national security officials familiar with the initiative. The program, which started in 2015, is based at an undisclosed facility in the Southern U.S., according to some of those officials.
Same story that Plato wrote about THOUSANDS of years ago:
Arms and the Greeks
Plato points out one of the disadvantages of oligarchy: "Another discreditable feature is, that, for a like reason, they are incapable of carrying on any war. Either they arm the multitude, and then they are more afraid of them than of the enemy; or, if they do not call them out in the hour of battle, they are oligarchs indeed, few to fight as they are few to rule."

Eventually, the oligarchy is supplanted by democracy, "whether the revolution has been effected by arms, or whether fear has caused the opposite party to withdraw." In other words, either armed revolution or the credible threat of armed revolution causes the oligarchy to lose its power.
So essentially times of great danger foster an arming of the people which creates democracy.

My hat's off to Ukraine :tiphat:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

i find it hard to believe the CIA actually tried to do a good deed.
but i have been to odessa ukraine its a different place lots of folks barely surviving, birth defects, etc
and one great place to eat FAT MOSSES . great little grill and bar.
right across street from mcdonalds that looked empty
i hope they persevere through it all, but we do not need to be there doing it for them. let italy and turkey tackle the task
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cmgee67 »

Yep. I’m afraid if we jump in, we will be pushing WW3 a little closer to the edge of starting.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

RAND Analysis of Ukraine situation is bleak:
Once deterrence fails and a war begins, the Ukrainian armed forces will find themselves in desperate circumstances almost immediately. Ukraine does not have anywhere near enough forces to credibly defend against all the potential avenues of attack...Russia's advantages in capacity, capability, and geography combine to pose insurmountable challenges for Ukrainian forces tasked with defending their country.
...the most effective way Washington can help is to work on finding a diplomatic solution.
Too bad we have a boatload of incompetents in Washington.

Best thing would be to sign an agreement with Putin before he exposes more Washington total incompetence.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jerry_r60 »

From Feb 16th...show you bought a gun, get a free pizza. ..."We can't rely on the state"...

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-private ... 92882.html

I read another story saying the government is now providing a weapon to anyone that wants one however in a quick look to put a link here I didn't quickly find one.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

jerry_r60 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:21 pm From Feb 16th...show you bought a gun, get a free pizza. ..."We can't rely on the state"...

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-private ... 92882.html

I read another story saying the government is now providing a weapon to anyone that wants one however in a quick look to put a link here I didn't quickly find one.
...it takes an average of one month to obtain a gun permit

Too little, to late. Hopefully other European countries will take note and adopt a Total Defense Policy

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

I heard one report on the gun giveaway last night. The reporter said he spoke with an older man who just picked up his AK. The man told the reporter he didn't know anything about guns or how to shoot. He was going to go home and google how to use it.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

It's all so preposterous. Putin has NO interest whatsoever in harming the Ukrainian people, their infrastructure, etc. His actions are directed towards the Ukrainian military, who has spent the last 8 years murdering over 14,000 of the ethnic Russians of Donbass with almost daily shelling and sniper fire. As Putin said, "enough is enough."

The U.S. does NOT want Russia to have any control, political or economic, of Ukraine, for geopolitical reasons. That's why the CIA fomented the uprising in Maidan and replaced the elected President Yanukovich with the American puppet Poroshenko, a bloodthirsty Nazi butcher. In fact, the current president Zelensky promised during his campaign that he would have Poroshenko arrested for war crimes, which of course he didn't. Meanwhile, the genocide of ethnic Russians in Donbass has continued, with absolutely no mention in the press.

Meanwhile, millions of Ukrainians, especially in Donbass, are cheering and celebrating the arrival of Russian forces in the region. They're standing along the streets, smiling and waving and giving thumbs-ups to passing Russian troops.

My wife has a cousin in Kharkov, and talks with her via Skype every couple of days. She says she can't even tell anything is happening. No bombs or gunfire, people going about their lives as usual, but she has many relatives and friends around Ukraine and in Russia, and they are, without exception, thrilled to death to see this happening.

Of course the American media portrays the opposite, as if evil Russia were carpet-bombing Ukrainian cities, and you don't DARE take another viewpoint, or you're a traitor. It's really pathetic. People are so freaking gullible.
-Ruark

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Ruark wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:00 am It's all so preposterous. Putin has NO interest whatsoever in harming the Ukrainian people, their infrastructure, etc. His actions are directed towards the Ukrainian military, who has spent the last 8 years murdering over 14,000 of the ethnic Russians of Donbass with almost daily shelling and sniper fire. As Putin said, "enough is enough."

The U.S. does NOT want Russia to have any control, political or economic, of Ukraine, for geopolitical reasons. That's why the CIA fomented the uprising in Maidan and replaced the elected President Yanukovich with the American puppet Poroshenko, a bloodthirsty Nazi butcher. In fact, the current president Zelensky promised during his campaign that he would have Poroshenko arrested for war crimes, which of course he didn't. Meanwhile, the genocide of ethnic Russians in Donbass has continued, with absolutely no mention in the press.

Meanwhile, millions of Ukrainians, especially in Donbass, are cheering and celebrating the arrival of Russian forces in the region. They're standing along the streets, smiling and waving and giving thumbs-ups to passing Russian troops.

My wife has a cousin in Kharkov, and talks with her via Skype every couple of days. She says she can't even tell anything is happening. No bombs or gunfire, people going about their lives as usual, but she has many relatives and friends around Ukraine and in Russia, and they are, without exception, thrilled to death to see this happening.

Of course the American media portrays the opposite, as if evil Russia were carpet-bombing Ukrainian cities, and you don't DARE take another viewpoint, or you're a traitor. It's really pathetic. People are so freaking gullible.
Well, thank goodness I'm not the only one. I was watching several webcams last night from Ukraine. I watched cams in Kyiv (the one of which is now down, imagine that), Kharkov, Poltava, and Zaporzhzhia. People seemed to be going about their daily lives, no panic that I could see. I remember plenty of images of Sarajevo being attacked by the Bosnian Serbs, THAT was a real warzone. I'm not backing Putin or praising him. However, as usual, the US/Western mass news media are hyping this far beyond the reality of it. And as usual, that irritates the blazes out of me.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

However, as usual, the US/Western mass news media are hyping this far beyond the reality of it. And as usual, that irritates the blazes out of me.
Of COURSE they are. The media goes into orgasmic spasms when something like this happens. It's the same thing they do when there's a little rain storm coming, and they act like it's the Apocalypse. Same principle. But WAR... it's the mother and father of all juicy stories. And of course, the same with politicians; it's their big, shining opportunity to get in front of the cameras and "talk tough" and pretend to be "strong leaders against the forces of evil," blahblahblah.
-Ruark

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

Ruark wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:00 am It's all so preposterous. Putin has NO interest whatsoever in harming the Ukrainian people, their infrastructure, etc. His actions are directed towards the Ukrainian military, who has spent the last 8 years murdering over 14,000 of the ethnic Russians of Donbass with almost daily shelling and sniper fire. As Putin said, "enough is enough."

I don't know...I have been watching the news and while I see typical news hyperbole I have not gotten a sense that I'm led to believe there has been mass bombing or even mass destruction. I've heard plenty of discussion that it could happen but not that it has. I've seen some images where some of the rockets have hit, just a few and the building that got hit by the plane that got shot down but I've also seen plenty of footage of people walking around, of the city in general with buildings standing, no fighting in the streets etc. I've also see the images of people trying to leave as well as seen plenty that seem to be staying put.

And it's not juts from "American media". I watch Israel news, read papers from Panama, India and UK and see pretty much the same thing. I did read today in a Panama paper about Panamanian and Romanian flagged vessels hit by a Russan attack in the Black sea.

it's in spanish but here is the link.
https://www.prensa.com/economia/armada- ... -panamena/

I have also read articles in the english version of Pravda. I find that one to have some "interesting" perspectives on Syria, Iran and NATO in general etc.

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

From English Pravda, just talking about one of the airfields. Another article claims Russian sub with 160 nukes surfaces off US coast.

"over 200 Russian helicopters were involved in the operation.

"The success of the landing operation was ensured by the suppression of the entire air defense system in the landing area, the complete isolation of the combat area from the air and the conduct of electronic warfare,” the Defence Ministry of the Russian Federation said.

The Ministry of Defense also reported that more than 200 nationalists from the special units of Ukraine were killed during the capture of the airfield. No losses among the Russian military were reported.

"At present, the main forces of the airborne troops have joined forces with the Russian landing units at Gostomel airfield, having ensured the blockade of of the city of Kiev from the west,” the Defense Ministry concluded."

https://english.pravda.ru/news/hotspots ... licopters/

All kinds of stuff if you want to know what the Russians read. EDIT: while this came from the site today it's a Sept 21 story.
First encounter betwee F-35 and Soviet fighter with soviet fighter using non-lethal weapon causing F-35 to lose partial control.
https://english.pravda.ru/news/hotspots ... u_30_f_35/
Last edited by jerry_r60 on Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flowrie
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flowrie »

WRONG!!!
Any Ukraine people in Russia killing people? No
Any Russians in Ukraine killing people? Yes
Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are next, look at a map!
Putin doesn't care who he kills. He will even kill his own to get what he wants.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”