Vermont Range Owner to be Held in State Prison Until his Range is Destroyed

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Paladin »

I'm guessing there is more to this story. Clearly the Pawlet town officials are out to get him. Did the range owner lawyer up?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

PriestTheRunner

Re: Vermont Range Owner to be Held in State Prison Until his Range is Destroyed

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Paladin wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:31 am I'm guessing there is more to this story. Clearly the Pawlet town officials are out to get him. Did the range owner lawyer up?
He did apply for (and received) permits for the structures. The locals then revoked the permits because they didn't like the shooting on his property.

This is what ensues.

If this were Texas, a 3000fps recall election would likely be a prompt response.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Several stories refer to a permit, but none say what permit was issued and under what authority.... so... it's difficult to comment. All of the stories I read refer to "unpermitted structures", but none explain what was permitted and why those structures fall outside the unexplained permit.

Excellent reporting. :banghead:

Ultimately, he decided to take down the structures, rather than sit in jail and let his farm and animals die

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/updat ... jail-time/
Daniel Banyai has made the difficult decision to comply with the Environmental Court’s contempt order out of necessity because he has livestock on his organic farm that must be tended to. Daniel could not make suitable arrangements for these animals to be cared for while he sits in jail for an indeterminate period,” Kaplan said. “Ultimately, Daniel was forced to put his responsibility to the animals ahead of the principles he has fought so hard for despite his willingness to lose his liberty in service to his cause. At the end of the day, Daniel was unwilling to allow innocent animals to become casualties of his conflict with the Town of Pawlet.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

That's a shame. I hope he can get a civil case started against these tyrants. Vermont used to be one of the most liberal (excuse the term) states as far a gun laws or lack thereof actually. The bad liberals took over in 2018 and passed many restrictions.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”