GOA Warns Executive Action for Universal Background Checks Coming

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

Sounds like its decent time to buy/sell/trade if you're not already going through an FFL
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Re: GOA Warns Executive Action for Universal Background Checks Coming

Post by Grayling813 »

Thank TX Sen Cornyn for teaming with Demoncrats to infringe.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

what is an universal background checks again???

is that were illegals are cops and can own a firearm
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

AND it will go the way of the bump stock, unfinished lowers and braces....

mayor

Post by mayor »

Tex1961 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:19 pm AND it will go the way of the bump stock, unfinished lowers and braces....
Supreme Court reinstated portions of the "ghost gun" rule.
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... trictions/

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Any chance the SCOTUS is setting this up for a more broad ruling that will smack much of this nonsense down?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

C-dub wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:20 pm Any chance the SCOTUS is setting this up for a more broad ruling that will smack much of this nonsense down?
There is a very big chance of this. The ruling was only to reinstate the stay on the original TRO while the case actually went through appeals. That means the Fifth Circuit will have to hear the actual case now, then that ruling may get appealed to SCOTUS. Four of the justices wanted to let the TRO stay in effect, which means they already think the rule is unconstitutional. The 3 liberal justices will probably say the rule is good, leaving two who we have to guess if it was willingness to let the case go through the process or they think the rule is good. I think the odds are good that at least one of the two was just wanting to get to rule on the actual case more quickly.
Steve Rothstein

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

srothstein wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:27 pm
C-dub wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:20 pm Any chance the SCOTUS is setting this up for a more broad ruling that will smack much of this nonsense down?
There is a very big chance of this. The ruling was only to reinstate the stay on the original TRO while the case actually went through appeals. That means the Fifth Circuit will have to hear the actual case now, then that ruling may get appealed to SCOTUS. Four of the justices wanted to let the TRO stay in effect, which means they already think the rule is unconstitutional. The 3 liberal justices will probably say the rule is good, leaving two who we have to guess if it was willingness to let the case go through the process or they think the rule is good. I think the odds are good that at least one of the two was just wanting to get to rule on the actual case more quickly.
And it’s worth noting that the 5th Circuit justices are members of the Special Pants club, and they’ve done very well on our behalves lately. I’d trust them to handle it appropriately. If the commies want to have their way, they’re ultimately going to have to either repeal the 2A (and start CW2), or legislate the issues in such a way that SCOTUS doesn’t have to beat them down in court. Not even congress can pass an unconstitutional law and avoid it going eventually to SCOTUS.

I know it will take some patience for these things to work out, but absent a social collapse, they WILL work out. That’s not what everyone wants to hear, but it’s a fact. By the time all these cases make their way to SCOTUS and are decided, 5 more years may have passed.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

Special Pants club???

I hope you're right TAM.
I also hope it gets done before the powers that be decided to assassinate a SCOTUS judge or two.

mayor

Post by mayor »

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:04 am Thank TX Sen Cornyn for teaming with Demoncrats to infringe.
I received a canned response from Mr. Cornyn about how much he is concerned about gun violence and the 2A, thanking me for my input.
What a squish.

The Annoyed Man

mayor wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:58 am
Grayling813 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:04 am Thank TX Sen Cornyn for teaming with Demoncrats to infringe.
I received a canned response from Mr. Cornyn about how much he is concerned about gun violence and the 2A, thanking me for my input.
What a squish.
Time for him to go. He’s forgotten that he serves the people of Texas, and not the entire U.S.
Chemist45 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:05 pm Special Pants club???
Well lately, yeah. They’ve shown strong testicular fortitude in several good rulings in the past year. An abundance of such fortitude requires special pants to accommodate it.
Chemist45 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:05 pm I hope you're right TAM.
I also hope it gets done before the powers that be decided to assassinate a SCOTUS judge or two.
Yeah, I always found the manner, time, and place of Justice Scalias's death a title too convenient for the opposition. Maybe we ought to put a phone tap on Hillary's Carpet Cleaners?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Emailed from NRA-ILA about 5 hours ago:

New Details Leaked on Biden Administration’s Upcoming Background Check Power Grab
https://www.nraila.org/articles/2023081 ... power-grab
Last week, we reported on the Biden Administration’s treacherous move to defund scholastic archery, hunting, and marksmanship programs under an obscure provision of the Orwellian Bipartisan Safer Communities Act (BSCA). The BSCA has proven to be the gift that keeps on giving for extreme and persecutory gun control... Now, details are emerging of Biden’s latest plans to leverage the sprawling, sinister act in his continued pursuit of civilian disarmament. This time the target is eliminating the age-old practice of noncommercial, private firearm sales.
Previously, an individual only needed an FFL when engaged in “a course of trade or business” involving “repetitive” buying and reselling of firearms with the “principal objective” of “livelihood and profit.” The BSCA removed the “livelihood” element so that profit seeking alone would fulfill the required objective of the sales. This change broadened the FFL requirement, but a “course” of “repetitive” buying and reselling of firearms is still necessary. Nevertheless, it has remained unclear where the lines are to be drawn.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

The Annoyed Man

Hooray for cash and/or cryptocurrency.

#TINVOWOOT

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

You guys sell guns?.....

:lol::

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”