"We Dare Not Keep Silent": ATF Releases Anti-Gun Rule For Public Comment

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

In its current form, the universal background check rule could subject those who sell even a single firearm to dealer requirements, including a background check.
So please leave a comment on the Federal Register.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Re: "We Dare Not Keep Silent": ATF Releases Anti-Gun Rule For Public Comment

Post by Grayling813 »

FWIW, I left a comment on the Federal Register. Only 63,133 comments so far. There should be millions.

orionengnr

Post by orionengnr »

Left a comment, for whatever good it will do...

ORIGINAL TEX

Post by ORIGINAL TEX »

I heard that an investigation has already started on BATF employees putting comments on the register encouraging and approving of the proposed changes. It seems an internal BATF memo or email was sent out encouraging BATF employees to do this as they are citizens also and are entitled to make their own comments. If you boss told you it would be good if you made positive comments about the company on social media, what do you think most employees would do.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

ORIGINAL TEX wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:35 am I heard that an investigation has already started on BATF employees putting comments on the register encouraging and approving of the proposed changes. It seems an internal BATF memo or email was sent out encouraging BATF employees to do this as they are citizens also and are entitled to make their own comments. If you boss told you it would be good if you made positive comments about the company on social media, what do you think most employees would do.
The way this works is the more comments, the more work that they have to do to make this rule happen. So by doing that they are at best slowing the process of approval. :hurry:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Sent my comment in:
This proposed rule is a major expansion of the category of persons considered a "dealer in firearms" This new rule is an administrative expansion of the Gun Control Act (GCA) and hence unconstitutional per West Virginia v. EPA in that congress does not delegate to executive agencies issues of major political or economic significance. These changes are of major political and economic significance. The changes are onerous and expensive to those looking to sell firearms, as becoming a FFL is an onerous and the expense is significant if you are only selling a small number of firearms.

Also the USSC ruling New York Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen clearly indicates that the majority firearms laws in the US are unconstitutional. This is most especially the case of the GCA which the proposed rule is directly drawn from. United States v. Quiroz and other recent court cases show that major provisions of the GCA are unconstitutional.

Lastly, Aaron Zelman and Richard Stevens have shown in a side-by-side comparison that the US Gun Control Act of 1968 was lifted almost entirely from the Nazi Weapons Law of 1938 (Reference https://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/GCA_68.htm). My grandfather fought a war against Nazism and it is simply un-American to have a unconstitutional Nazi law enforced in our nation.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Paladin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:20 am "We Dare Not Keep Silent": ATF Releases Anti-Gun Rule For Public Comment
In its current form, the universal background check rule could subject those who sell even a single firearm to dealer requirements, including a background check.
So please leave a comment on the Federal Register.
Somebody sure as heck reacted. It seems that federalregister.gov Is down.
IMG_3683.jpeg
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I don't think I've filled out a 4473 Form for about 6 months, but I paid off a lay-away firearm last Thursday and noticed two new lines, 21b. and 21c., that were added April 2023. Asking if you intend to sell or dispose of the gun OR AMMUNITION to someone who can't or shouldn't possess I guess if the ATF has there way there will be another addition do you intend to the gun? I can envision the ATF coming after a person happens to unknowingly sells a firearm to a prohibited person when they delve into purchase records. Well, I suppose Hunter would be OK selling or trading to his dealer.

KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”