ABCNews Despicable!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
kirock7
Posts in topic: 1

ABCNews Despicable!

Post by kirock7 »

I just stumbled across this on the ABCNews website. As of right now it is their lead story: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7297745&page=1
I couldn't be more angry at ABC. Their true colors are shining through.
We should all adamantly protest this kind of irresponsible journalism. :mad5

jimlongley

Re: ABCNews Despicable!

Post by jimlongley »

"cut off at the barrel" What utter foolishness.

Now my question is, what happened to the guns? If he kept them, did he pay ABC back for them, or if he turned them over to ABC, are they all going to be arrested for the obvious straw purchases?
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

LaserTex

Post by LaserTex »

Even though Samaha immediately turned in all the weapons he bought at the gun show to the Richmond Police Department, Nunziato pointed out that if Samaha had wanted to, he could have caused a lot of damage with the guns he purchased.

Doug :txflag:
LaserTex
Air Force Retired ** Life Member VFW ** NRA Member **
** Life Member AmVets ** Patriot Guard Rider **

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

If I walk into a bar with $5000 and offer free tequila shots for the house for 1 hour, how many drunk drivers will there be when I am done? It's not about the object, it's what people choose to do with it.

If I took a truck load of pogo sticks to a soccer game in Brazil and gave one to every fan, how many fans would be bouncing around the the parking lot and how many fans would be beating each other with them. It's not about the object, it's what people choose to do with it.

I could go on forever.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

"By 9:30 in the morning, the parking lot was already packed full of cars. Groups of men, couples and even families with children in tow streamed toward the quickly growing line out front. Samaha, 25, joined the crowds and while waiting on line, he was approached by a seller and given the opportunity to make a quick purchase. He bought a Glock handgun, with no background check, and no questions asked."

"He was just sitting right outside the door, I went up to him. 'How much do you want for it?'

"'$450 bucks.'

'Here's the cash.'

Ok...

who was approached by who?...If the reporter can't get the story straight - how are we to believe the rest of the story is clear and true! It is clearly slanted...
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

longhorn_92 wrote:who was approached by who?...If the reporter can't get the story straight - how are we to believe the rest of the story is clear and true! It is clearly slanted...[/b]
Even if they're not consistent over time, they're usually better at keeping their lies straight within the same propoganda piece.

When I look at these shootings in the news I keep thinking back to the opening of Matt Bracken's first book.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

flb_78

Post by flb_78 »

Seung Hui Cho bought his gun legally at a gun store even though he had a documented history of mental illness.
Ok, so Cho bought his guns at a dealer, so they want to ban selling at gun shows? :headscratch

His "documented mental illness" was documented by Virginia Tech but they didn't give it to the state because they didn't want to tarnish their reputation!!! :confused5
http://www.AmarilloGunOwners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bryang

Post by bryang »

I don't know which is worse... the pathetic "undercover-investigative-reporter" or the pathetic pawn they found to do their dirty work. With "news" like this there is no wonder the antis are so messed up in their thinking. Disgusting! :mad5

This guy, Samaha, has been showing up a lot lately...preaching his gospel of gun control and looks like he has found himself a partner in crime with ABC. :banghead:

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Reminds me of an old episode of COPS...

Some woman went to go buy drugs from a nieghborhood dealer...She got pulled over, and she immediately went into this story about she was one her way to "them" to show them what she just bought, and who she bought the drugs from...

"Ma'am, you have the right to be silent..."

Opps! Too late...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

In fact, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) reports in their investigations that private sellers at gun shows are a major source of gun crime in the country.
You know, someday these wannabees are going to lie one too many times...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Fangs

Post by Fangs »

Maybe if his sister or another student had a gun on them, she wouldn't be dead. Idiot. :banghead:
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

mortdooley

Post by mortdooley »

I saw enough preview to know I had better things to do with my Friday evening then raise my blood pressure watching liberal propaganda!
Affirmative action never brings out excellence!

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

mortdooley wrote:I saw enough preview to know I had better things to do with my Friday evening then raise my blood pressure watching liberal propaganda!
Yepper, the bias is predictable and confirming your expectations by watching (ratings week?) that anti-gun propaganda does nothing but cause undue angst.

Remember it when you vote it November.

treeman

Post by treeman »

How do we "set the record straight" about things like last night's ABC special? Venting on forums like this may help us individually feel a little better, but I don't think it does much to expose the truth to the general public. I really don't think protesting to ABC helps - they anticipated it when they put the piece together and basically threw it in our face. I also notice that now they make sure and report every shooting across the nation that involves more than one victum to keep it "in the news". Frankly I believe the liberal news media is a bigger threat to our country than the liberal Washington polliticians. How can their(news media's) influence be offset?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

treeman wrote:How do we "set the record straight" about things like last night's ABC special? Venting on forums like this may help us individually feel a little better, but I don't think it does much to expose the truth to the general public. I really don't think protesting to ABC helps - they anticipated it when they put the piece together and basically threw it in our face. I also notice that now they make sure and report every shooting across the nation that involves more than one victum to keep it "in the news". Frankly I believe the liberal news media is a bigger threat to our country than the liberal Washington polliticians. How can their(news media's) influence be offset?
There is another thread running on the 20/20 special here http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 23&t=23876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

As for posting elsewhere, you can make comments on abc.com. Here is the comment I posted Subject: ABC 20/20 "Guns in America"
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”