Debra Medina

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 6

Debra Medina

Post by Dragonfighter »

Hi all,

I wrote all three campaigns and asked questions on three issues I find most important. Life (protection of the unborn), Liberty (RKBA) and Pursuit of Happiness (protection of home education). The rest of the issues are far less in importance to me. In the RKBA inquiry I asked,
As governor of Texas, what would you do to promote a freer exercise of the right to keep and bear arms?
Would you reduce the administrative barriers and fees facing concealed handgun license applicants and renewals?
Would you promote the addition of open carry in Texas?
Would you promote the elimination of the CHL requirement for carry by law abiding citizens?
Would you be willing to attach liability (should a preventable attack occur) to commercial interests that will restrict entry by licensed/lawful holders of weapons while allowing unfettered access to the general public?
Though not addressing every sub-text completely the campaign person Gina Rodriguez did have this to say:
Debra is a strong advocate of the right to keep and bear arms and believes that the CHL is an infringement of that right. She would support open carry legislation but has also stated she would support repeal and/or interposition (state action to reject federal mandates) of requirements to register weapons. She believes that law-abiding citizens should be able to purchase, own, trade, possess and use a gun without having to take a course or fill out a licensing or registration form. She does not oppose CHL, she does not however believe it should be required to carry a weapon. The right to protect life, liberty and property is an inalienable right--can not be taken away. She will work with the Texas legislature to implement these policies and she will encourage all Texans to "buy a gun, learn to use it and keep it with you."
Also the personal response came in less than two hours. I have not heard from the other campaigns but will post as I do. I am inclined to believe Ms. Medina deserves a good looking over.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Debra Medina

Post by WildBill »

Dragonfighter wrote:I am inclined to believe Ms. Medina deserves a good looking over.
:iagree: Dragonfighter - Thanks for the heads up.
NRA Endowment Member

Rex B
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Rex B »

Call her office and ask for a yard sign.
I don't do bumper stickers, but I have two Medina stickers
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 7

Post by pbwalker »

Dragonfighter wrote:I am inclined to believe Ms. Medina deserves a good looking over.

:iagree:

I hope she can do it and I have been doing all I can to convince voters that she's the way to go. You want change, she's change. Not arrogance.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

idrathernot

Post by idrathernot »

Judge Napolitano has a great interview with her here:

http://www.foxnews.com/search-results/m ... -state.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Much greater detail about her platform than she was allowed to present in the debates.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

I recently sent an email to KBH and a couple of others in Washington. She was the only one that replied but her response only referred to the wonderful things she's done in Washington and did not address my question. Debra Medina will get my vote.
Charlie

joe817
Posts in topic: 3

Post by joe817 »

idrathernot, many thanks for posting that link of her interview. :tiphat:

She's getting the exposure she needs to get her word out. And that will enable an informed electorate to make an intelligent decision about the candidate choices. :txflag:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

HankB

Post by HankB »

I'm actually planning to vote for Debra Median in the primary. KBH really is a part of the GOP establishment that spent money like drunken sailors during most of the Bush administration, and Perry is too fond of toll roads . . . and it's my understanding that he supports tuition discounts at Texas universities for illegal aliens. (Let's face it, he only keeps getting elected because of the flakes the opposition keeps putting up against him.)
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

extremist

Post by extremist »

I heard this morning that Glenn Beck will be interviewing Debra Medina on his show this morning 2/11/2010 at 10am CST.

Spread the word if you can get to a radio or listen to it streaming on http://www.klif.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

thankGod

Post by thankGod »

I haven't decided who to vote for at this time. However, Medina has some interesting ideas.
thankGod
NRA Life Member
TSRA
"Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong." 1Cor16:13

frazzled

Post by frazzled »

thankGod wrote:I haven't decided who to vote for at this time. However, Medina has some interesting ideas.
She has no chance, and I say that not as someone going tee hee. She's not the annointed one of the Party.

Its shaping up to be Perry vs. White. Wow the two party system sucks, just absolutely sucks. We defeated Mexico for...this?

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

I've just done something I've never done before -- I donated $100 to her campaign, and ordered a yard sign. I invite others on this site to donate to her campaign if you like what she has to say about RKBA and Property Taxes.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Wrightwing
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Wrightwing »

frazzled wrote:
thankGod wrote:I haven't decided who to vote for at this time. However, Medina has some interesting ideas.
She has no chance, and I say that not as someone going tee hee. She's not the annointed one of the Party.

Its shaping up to be Perry vs. White. Wow the two party system sucks, just absolutely sucks. We defeated Mexico for...this?
The latest poll has the race as Perry 39% KBH 28% Medina 24% Medina is up 8 points in a week.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com ... trong.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If she catches KBH for second it will be Perry /Medina in a runoff. Anything can happen then

People said Scott Brown had no chance, Jesse Ventura had no chance... If we all vote our conscience anybody "Has a chance"
Texas CHL Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Life Member

frazzled

Post by frazzled »

Wrightwing wrote:
frazzled wrote:

The latest poll has the race as Perry 39% KBH 28% Medina 24% Medina is up 8 points in a week.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com ... trong.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If she catches KBH for second it will be Perry /Medina in a runoff. Anything can happen then

People said Scott Brown had no chance, Jesse Ventura had no chance... If we all vote our conscience anybody "Has a chance"
Well if you're right its one time I wouldn't mind being wrong. :txflag:

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

frazzled wrote: Well if you're right its one time I wouldn't mind being wrong. :txflag:
Then send her campaign some money! :angel:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”