Think I'm being Punked

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

davidtx
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Think I'm being Punked

Post by davidtx »

chabouk wrote:
gigag04 wrote:Further off topic...

I love ATX. I love that city. I love live music. I love good food. I love rock climbing. I love kayaking. I love camping. I love running trails. I love drier weather. I love the culture. I love trendy bars and clubs. I love outdoorsy people. I love an active society.

I should SOOOOO be in austin. Maybe soon. I'd suffer under the Travis County prosecutors to have an LEO gig up there. The money is good, and the area is so worth it.

</jealous rant>
Sounds like a good reason to live in Bastrop: you can enjoy everything Austin has to offer, then escape to reality when you're done.
North Drippin'. I'm in the Hill Country, 15 minutes from Lake Travis and 35 minutes from 6th Street. What on earth could be better than that? Well OK, I could live 2 block south and be out of Travis County...

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

cougartex wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote: Democrat, Republican & Independent. He's a "Serial Politician"! :lol::
"rlol" "rlol"
A "cereal" politician...Throw a few bananas on top and you might have a balanced breakfast...

In reality, Bloob-head is a "progressive" elected official...Just because he hangs an "R" beside his name, doesn't mean horse-biscuits in my book, in his case...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 6

The Killing Machine

Post by sjfcontrol »

I'm still receiving this rag after all these months. No idea who's paying for it, if anybody. And no requests for renewal or payment, either.

Normally this magazine goes into the trash, however, the large, bright-white print on a black cover caught my attention on the Jan 17 issue -- "The Killing Machine". Wasn't sure what it referenced until I noticed there was a picture of a gun -- a Glock 19 on the cover as well. (Note to editor, a picture of a black gun, on a black cover sure doesn't exactly stand out!)

The subject of this article, entitled "America's Gun", is "How Austria's Glock became the weapon of choice for U.S. cops, Second Amendment enthusiasts, and psychopaths."

Had to read the first sentence/paragraph (they were the same thing) three times to figure out what it was saying...
For all the anguish and outcry in the days after a community college dropout named Jared Loughner allegedly sprayed a Tucson crowd with 33 bullets from a semiautomatic pistol, one response was was notably absent: any sense that America's latest shooting spree, which killed six people and wounded 14, including Representative Gabrielle Giffords, would bring new restrictions on the right to own or carry large-capacity, rapid-fire weapons.
(Second note to editor, its called a run-on sentence, and should be avoided if you want to make your point clear.)

Once I figured out what it said, my response was: "It was??!!!" All we've heard about was restricting high-capacity mags.

Anyway, i've yet to continue the article. It will be the first article I've read in this magazine.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

ELB

Post by ELB »

mctowalot wrote:Don't feel too bad ya'll, I recently learned that "The Washington Times" and Kahr Arms are both owned and operated by The Rev. Moon - (you know, "the Moonies") :shock:
IIRC, Kahr Arms is run by his son.

Both of which (Rev Moon/Wash Times and Justin Moon/Kahr) are cool with me. I think their religion is strange, but at least it is not either encouraging its followers to blow up my country nor trying to stomp on my 2A rights in the name of any of its prophets or messiahs.

Now Bloomberg.... there's a man whose convictions are dangerous for our country... :mad5
USAF 1982-2005

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

ELB wrote:
mctowalot wrote:Don't feel too bad ya'll, I recently learned that "The Washington Times" and Kahr Arms are both owned and operated by The Rev. Moon - (you know, "the Moonies") :shock:
IIRC, Kahr Arms is run by his son.

Both of which (Rev Moon/Wash Times and Justin Moon/Kahr) are cool with me. I think their religion is strange, but at least it is not either encouraging its followers to blow up my country nor trying to stomp on my 2A rights in the name of any of its prophets or messiahs.

Now Bloomberg.... there's a man whose convictions are dangerous for our country... :mad5
I could NOT agree more with your statements. Conservatives are continuously called all manner of foul names for not being "open-minded"...personally, I don't care a darned bit about "Rev" Moon's religious beliefs, as long as they keep it to themselves and refrain from hostile actions against me, mine and this nation. Not to mention that Kahr Arms has a decent reputation. They own Auto-ordnance, after all and make the modern version of the Tommy Gun and the M-1 Carbine...and if I had more cash, I'd own one of each...now someone just needs to start making a Garand clone.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Heartland Patriot wrote: now someone just needs to start making a Garand clone.
Why own a clone when you can own a real one, with real history to it, for about 1/3 of the price of the new ones being produced today by Springfield?

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Teamless wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:Guess he IS and DOES whatever he has to, to get what he wants.
So you are saying he is a Democrat?
If it walks like a demoncrat and talks like a demoncrat that is what it is. Even if it claims to be an Independent. :mad5
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”