Bill White and the Democrats

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

psijac
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bill White and the Democrats

Post by psijac »

terryg wrote:
texas1234 wrote:This is not a rhetorical question. It is an honest question wanting real feedback.

I see so many posts on this board saying Perry is a snake in the grass, there isnt a real choice so I am going to vote for Perry, I dont like Perry, Perry is dishonest, etc.

Why? Granted he was a yell leader at A&M, but other than that I just dont really know or have I ever met anybody in politics that was Jesus like.

I think he is okay and has served Texas well.

I mean who would be the perfect candidate that has the connections and money to run for Governor. I cant think of any.

I guess my point is who is this ideal candidate we are all waiting for?
Nobody is a perfect candidate - of course. But that jerk (who I will vote for in October) tried to legislate an unproven vaccine on all young girls in Texas. Why? Because Merek donated heavily to his campaign? It don't get much more Obama-like than that! He tried to play socialized medicine - campaign finance tricks at the expense of my daughters' health! So yes, he is a snake. As I said, I wouldn't trust him to watch my pet rock if I am away from home.

So yeah, he supports 2A rights in a big way. But I am not a single issue voter. Good thing for him Bill White is way scarier.

just sayin ...
I think his misstep here was mandating it for girls only. It forced parents to consider that one day their daughter might have sex, GASP! If he had also said boy have to get it too it would have been noble. By being vaccinated against this disease males would by proxy protect their future partners against infection.
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

terryg
Posts in topic: 6

Post by terryg »

psijac wrote: I think his misstep here was mandating it for girls only. It forced parents to consider that one day their daughter might have sex, GASP! If he had also said boy have to get it too it would have been noble. By being vaccinated against this disease males would by proxy protect their future partners against infection.
No - it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the fact that no vaccine, no medicine, no medical procedure is completely risk free. Whether they are girls or boys, the potential benefits always have to be weighed against the potential risks. Perry wanted to mandate an unproven vaccine to all girls 12 and up. Seems pretty clear that at that age with a brand new vaccine, that it risk/benefits formula just didn't add up.

Now we know more - girls have died from this vaccine (confirmed by the FDA). Yet even in the face of this - as my girls get older - we are still considering that equation. Is the protection offered by the vaccine greater than the risk it presents? Its a tough choice - one my wife and I AND our daughters are talking about. It has nothing to do with burying our heads in the sand about sex.

It wouldn't matter if it was HPV, herpes, swine flu, pneumonia, roto-virus, whatever. You have to weigh the risk vs the benefits. He had no business attempt to legislate this decision. Period. Then when you add up the same day donation by Merek - it just leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth for Perry.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2890402&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
... this space intentionally left blank ...

texas1234
Posts in topic: 4

Post by texas1234 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
texas1234 wrote:I graduated from Texas Tech. It was a subtle shot at the Aggies on this forum. :txflag:
Subtlety from a Texas Tech graduate? I didn't know y'all were capable of it. :mrgreen: :thumbs2: Gig 'em.

Now thats some good stuff right there!!!!! Perfect! "rlol"
6th Generation Texan

atticus
Posts in topic: 4

Post by atticus »

Does Texas want a Democrat governor in 2010, one who ran a sanctuary city? With today's border problems? :roll:

mbw

Post by mbw »

Does this help anyone decide?
perry_shooting.jpg

Elza

Post by Elza »

txrr wrote:I find calling Perry “a snake in the grass” offensive.
Offensive to Perry or the snake? :mrgreen:
Fred Schroeder

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering, if during their life on earth, they made a difference in the world. But, soldiers don't have that problem.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”