Bill White and the Democrats

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

JonMcClellan
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Bill White and the Democrats

Post by JonMcClellan »

Ashlar wrote:The NRA-PVF rates White as a 'B'. In any other state, I'd say he's an 'A'.

He had the good sense to run, not walk, away from Bloomberg's MAIG group.

Overall? Meh.
But he also had the bad sense to join and be an active member of that group for years. He only left the group after getting heat from an opponent in a Democratic primary.

JonMcClellan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JonMcClellan »

Bill White may try to talk like he supports the second amendment, but can he walk the walk too?

Lets compare and contrast some facts.

Bill White
- Does not have a CHL
- Does not have a Texas Hunting License
- Does not even know what types of guns he owns (Video available online at " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
- Was an active member of "Mayors Against Illegal Guns"

Rick Perry
- Has an active CHL, is known to carry a Ruger .380 w Crimson Trace laser sights
- Has a Texas Hunting License and uses it (Video of Perry shooting at LaRue Tactical and dove hunting pictures, http://therightsideofaustin.wordpress.c ... -the-year/)
- In addition to the long list of reasons why he got the NRA and TSRA endorsements. (http://therightsideofaustin.wordpress.c ... ick-perry/)

atticus
Posts in topic: 4

Post by atticus »

There are very few "perfect" candidates out there. And very often we end up eating our own because of some fault(s) in our candidate. It's pretty clear to me that White would carry Obama's water here in Texas. That's enough reason alone to avoid White. Like the plague. Perry has his own warts and whiskers, but he's a damn sight better than ANY democrat in today's political climate. The second amendment is indeed a good litmus test today. :txflag:

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

atticus wrote:The second amendment is indeed a good litmus test today. :txflag:
Excuse me? Since when was a "litmus test" needed in any race between a democrat and an republican? :nono:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

terryg
Posts in topic: 6

Post by terryg »

As I have said before, I will vote for Perry because their is not other real choice. I have, however, a very hard time supporting him in the way one does when they genuinely believe in the character of a candidate. For example, I would have a very hard time putting a 'Vote for Perry' sign in my yard.

Unless someone can point me to a sign that says something like:

Vote For Perry
Yeah, I hate him too!
He's a real snake.
But do you really want Bill White for Governor?

You think I can find a sign like that somewhere? "rlol"
... this space intentionally left blank ...

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

terryg wrote:As I have said before, I will vote for Perry because their is not other real choice. I have, however, a very hard time supporting him in the way one does when they genuinely believe in the character of a candidate. For example, I would have a very hard time putting a 'Vote for Perry' sign in my yard.

Vote For Perry
Yeah, I hate him too!
He's a real snake.

A little poster board, a little paint.... :rolll
Never Forget. Image

Texas Dan Mosby
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texas Dan Mosby »

"Sanctuary City"
+
Mayors group against handguns
= My vote........

IF we are voting to tar and feather the dip and run him out of town on a rail.
88 day wait for the state to approve my constitutional right to bear arms...

atticus

Post by atticus »

Sorry, sjfcontrol, but I don't understand your response. The litmus test referred to in my post is that of the second amendment (see above). I use the term "litmus test" in the same sense Charles Cotton has used it on this board. I did not say party affiliation is the litmus test, but rather the second amendment. What are you getting at?

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

terryg wrote:As I have said before, I will vote for Perry because their is not other real choice. I have, however, a very hard time supporting him in the way one does when they genuinely believe in the character of a candidate. For example, I would have a very hard time putting a 'Vote for Perry' sign in my yard.

Vote For Perry
Yeah, I hate him too!
He's a real snake.

I may paint my own...... on the backside of a TxDOT Trans-Texas Corridor sign.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

I'm getting at the fact that I don't need a litmus test to choose between just about any democrat, and any republican. If we were talking primaries or some non-party race, then maybe.
Never Forget. Image

atticus

Post by atticus »

I get it now, and I tend to agree. Texas today is not what it was when conservative Democrats actually were conservative (several decades ago). But this discussion brings up the larger picture, i.e. that the republican party, as a whole, tends to greater fidelity to personal freedom and limited govenment than do the democrats. Lots of evidence for that.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Yes, not to say that there aren't a wide variety of republicans, from "rino" to "reagan", if you will. But, even given a choice between a rino and a democrat, the rino still wins.
Never Forget. Image

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

I'm voting for Perry (corrected typo) not because I love Perry, but because he is preferable as someone else stated.
As others have pointed out;
1. He's a democrat whom I do not believe would actually do anything about the border problem (sanctuary city).
2. He would suck up to Obama's agenda. He didn't meet with him when he came to Texas solely as a tactic to avoid looking like he supports him before the election.
3. He belonged to Bloombergs's group and did indeed support their agenda for years. He dropped out only to increase his electability. I highly doubt his heart has changed.
4. He marched in the recent Dallas Gay Pride Parade. I personally do not want the Gay Right's agenda of same sex marriage, etc to take any further foothold here in Texas. I'm sick of it being shoved down our throats from every angle already.
Last edited by TexasGal on Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Purplehood »

TexasGal wrote:I'm voting for White not because I love Perry, but because he is preferable as someone else stated.
As others have pointed out;
1. He's a democrat whom I do not believe would actually do anything about the border problem (sanctuary city).
2. He would suck up to Obama's agenda. He didn't meet with him when he came to Texas solely as a tactic to avoid looking like he supports him before the election.
3. He belonged to Bloombergs's group and did indeed support their agenda for years. He dropped out only to increase his electability. I highly doubt his heart has changed.
4. He marched in the recent Dallas Gay Pride Parade. I personally do not want the Gay Right's agenda of same sex marriage, etc to take any further foothold here in Texas. I'm sick of it being shoved down our throats from every angle already.
I just read your post as why you shouldn't vote for White. But the first sentence says that you are. Is that a typo?
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

Oops :oops:
Corrected. That's what happens when I get too riled up.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”