November 2nd Election Returns

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
USA1
Posts in topic: 3

November 2nd Election Returns

Post by USA1 »

I don't know about everyone else, but I plan to be glued to the election returns.

There are several key races that I'm very interested to see the results of, many of
which will decide how the United States Government moves forward.

At my house, there will be a "New Years Eve" atmosphere similar to watching the ball
drop in Times Square. Chips and dip, and maybe even an adult beverage will be in order.

I have an overwhelming feeling that it's going to be an exciting night. :patriot:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Rex B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: November 2nd Election Returns

Post by Rex B »

I'm looking for an election Watch Party in Tarrant County.
Anyone know of one?
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPB »

Rex B wrote:I'm looking for an election Watch Party in Tarrant County.
Anyone know of one?
Libertarian? :mrgreen: (Not saying I am Librarian,(I'm not) but that's a party with Tex-Mex and ...)
http://www.lp.org/event/tarrant-county- ... hing-party" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tea Party BBQ
Radio ad for it
http://www.netarrantteaparty.com/wp-con ... -audio.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flyer
http://www.netarrantteaparty.com/wp-con ... party1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.netarrantteaparty.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Others in Tarrant County
http://www.google.com/search?q=election ... 3b30f09b32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

Tea Party BBQ Restaurant in Southlake sounds like just the ticket - thanks
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

I'm looking forward to the 2nd as well. I'm a libertarian, so none of the candidates I prefer will be winning, but divided government is the next-best thing.

I've already voted, so I'm planning on picking up some adult beverages and watching the returns at home. Between that and sending mocking text messages to my brother, it should be a fun night.

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

In Buda, with the Repub bigwigs:

http://www.victorytexas.org/site/conten ... watchparty" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

HighHandicap

Post by HighHandicap »

The problem for me is that the returns come in way too late at night. You'd think we'd get faster results with all of the electronic voting machines. Having said that, I have no real idea how the use of the electronic voting machines impacts the "counting" of ballots. For that matter, does all of Texas use e-Voting, or are there precincts that still use paper ballots?

Topic author
USA1

Post by USA1 »

HighHandicap wrote:The problem for me is that the returns come in way too late at night.
That's true. It will be hard for me to go to sleep not knowing the final outcome, but you can
usually get a good idea of how things are going based on the early results.

My worst nightmare would be to wake up and find out the dems stole the elections at the last minute. :cryin

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Rex B wrote:Tea Party BBQ Restaurant in Southlake sounds like just the ticket - thanks
The Feedstore Barbeque is THE BEST! We will be there as well.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

HighHandicap

Post by HighHandicap »

USA1 wrote:
HighHandicap wrote:The problem for me is that the returns come in way too late at night.
That's true. It will be hard for me to go to sleep not knowing the final outcome, but you can
usually get a good idea of how things are going based on the early results.

My worst nightmare would be to wake up and find out the dems stole the elections at the last minute. :cryin

"Stole" is such an appropriate term for our DEM friends since all they seem to want to do is rob Peter to pay Paul. ;-) I'm just really rooting for any result that gets Ried and Pelosi out of their "leadership" roles.

Topic author
USA1

Post by USA1 »

HighHandicap wrote: I'm just really rooting for any result that gets Ried and Pelosi out of their "leadership" roles.
Amen to that!

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

HighHandicap wrote:I'm just really rooting for any result that gets Ried and Pelosi out of their "leadership" roles.
They likely both will--Pelosi because there is a high chance of the Republicans taking the House, and Reid because he's likely going to lose to Angle.

Unfortunately for us, that likely means an anti-gun Senate majority leader since the Republicans are unlikely to win enough seats to be the majority--Reid is bad on many issues, but he's been good for gun rights. Dick Durbin (D-IL) or Chuckie Schumer (D-NY) are the most likely candidates for the next majority leader, and both are openly hostile to the Second Amendment.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”