Could only vote provisionally

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Could only vote provisionally

Post by C-dub »

When I renewed my DL earlier this year I also registered to vote. Well, I thought I did. The registration form printed and I filled it out and sent it off back in April. I never received anything back, but still figured I'd be okay if I showed my DL. Wrong! So now I'm curious about a few things.

1. How often does one have to register?
2. I can understand registering for primary's, but with a valid state issued DL why must I still be registered for the main election?
3. Is there some undocumented illegal immigrant voting out in Arizona right now without any ID when I could only vote provisionally?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

blackdog8200
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Could only vote provisionally

Post by blackdog8200 »

1. Early and often....Once registered at your address, it should renew.

2. If you haven't moved and were registered for the primary...you still are.

3. Yes :banghead:
Harris County
NRA Life Member 1986

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Sent registration in right before the primary's so I could vote now. I thought.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

If you sent the application in April, you should have been able to vote today... but...it is a bureaucratic process, and sometimes stuff gets lost, either in the mail or at the elections office. Unfortunate, but it does happen. The one I work at during elections keeps every application sent in, and if someone does not appear on the Voter Registration list at the poll or the elections office, checking the file is the last hope, and sometimes it helps.

In any case, you should receive a letter within 10 days of the election telling you whether or not your provisional vote counted or not, and if not, why it was not counted.

In the future you can double check your registration status by either calling your county's election office directly, or checking here on the Secy of state's website:

https://team1.sos.state.tx.us/voterws/v ... nVoter.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope it works out.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”