Is that a Basketball Score, 99 to 51!

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
texas1234
Posts in topic: 2

Is that a Basketball Score, 99 to 51!

Post by texas1234 »

Holy cow! What a landslide in the Texas House! :txflag:
6th Generation Texan

shootthesheet
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Is that a Basketball Score, 99 to 51!

Post by shootthesheet »

The question I always have is just how much the Republican elected will support our 2A right and even our CHL privileges. I don't think the Republicans that took the place of the Dems could be any worse. I guess we are going to have to wait to hear from Charles on just what the Republican pick-ups will mean to our rights.
http://gunrightsradio.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
texas1234
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Is that a Basketball Score, 99 to 51!

Post by texas1234 »

I can answer that. The Texas House will have a much easier time with that kind of majority to pass pro-gun legislation. However, the Texas Senate had no net gains, still 19 Republicans and 12 Democrats. The Texas Senate has a 2/3rds rule.

With that said the Texas House pickups will make it easier to pass parking lot bills and campus carry but it still has to go through the Texas Senate.

In the next session it will be much harder for the dems to gridlock the House like they did last session.

So are we going to be able to open carry in a school. Probably not but these pickups will make it a better situation to pass CHL legislation and pro-gun legislation.
6th Generation Texan

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”