Monday 11.8.10: Gov. Perry on The Daily Show

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Monday 11.8.10: Gov. Perry on The Daily Show

Post by A-R »

Just a heads up to those who don't normally watch "The Daily Show" on Comedy Central, Gov. Rick Perry will be on the show Monday night, hawking his new book "Fed Up!". It's on 10 pm in Texas. Also CC usually runs full episodes the next day on their web site http://www.thedailyshow.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I realize many don't care for Jon Stewart or his show because he is admittedly liberal politically. But I find the political satire on his show hilarious and, while he does lean left, he's not such an ideologue that he won't also sling some well-earned arrows toward liberals and Democrats. Should be an interesting interview, and Stewart occassionally satirizes the gun debate, so decent chance something relating to guns will come up in the interview - hopefully Gov. Perry can put forward a well-reasoned argument for RKBA to the group of 18-34 year olds that are The Daily Show's core audience.

Also, caught this segment from Perry's interview on CNN's latest argument-style show. The governor holds his own against aggressive questioning from disgraced former NY governor Elliot "John" Spitzer: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

terryg
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Monday 11.8.10: Gov. Perry on The Daily Show

Post by terryg »

austinrealtor wrote:Also, caught this segment from Perry's interview on CNN's latest argument-style show. The governor holds his own against aggressive questioning from disgraced former NY governor Elliot "John" Spitzer: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I saw most of this segment last night. I must say that even though I don't really like Perry very much - I thought he handled himself very well.

But, it was absolute HILARIOUS to watch him break out the charm and make googly eyes at Parker during the whole thing. And she really seemed to be going for it!!! If you think I'm kidding, watch it! Watch it from about 5:40 on and watch her and him. Pay close attention between 6:00 and 6:05 - its like two teenagers in heat! :smilelol5:
... this space intentionally left blank ...

terryg

Post by terryg »

One thing that is cut from clip is the very first set of question had to do with whether or not he still carries while he jogs. He said something about the meaning of concealed is such that nobody will know and I won't tell. Spitzer then eluded to perhaps he is packing right now and Parker said something like 'He already said it won't tell us'. :thumbs2:

PRO

Post by PRO »

Perry will be at the Dell Diamond Thursday Nov. 11th.
I’ll be there.

Austin, TX – Thursday, Nov. 11, 6:00 p.m.
Dell Diamond – United Heritage Center
Corner of 3400 East Palm Valley Blvd and Hwy 79
Round Rock, TX 78664
Register for this event:

https://secure.lexi.net/tppf/registration.php?id=421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:txflag:
Phil

It is the little people who will suffer from QE2. The buying power of my mothers retirement will decrease by 40%

terryg

Post by terryg »

terryg wrote:But, it was absolute HILARIOUS to watch him break out the charm and make googly eyes at Parker during the whole thing. And she really seemed to be going for it!!! If you think I'm kidding, watch it! Watch it from about 5:40 on and watch her and him. Pay close attention between 6:00 and 6:05 - its like two teenagers in heat! :smilelol5:
So nobody else watched this clip?? I am curious to see if anybody else picked up on the 'eye contact' - or if it was just me ...

ELB

Post by ELB »

terryg wrote: ...So nobody else watched this clip?? I am curious to see if anybody else picked up on the 'eye contact' - or if it was just me ...

Frankly, it was too painful to watch. Altho I have DSL, it is taking forever to download, so plays in fits and starts. Don't have the patience. Secondly, there is no respectable reason that Eliot Spitzer should be hosting anything anywhere. Thirdly, the only reason Parker got the gig as "the token conservative" is she regularly and lamely piddles on other conservatives.

I suppose Perry has to do what he has to do to get his face and message out, but I would have hard time going anywhere near Spitzer and Parker. :grumble
USAF 1982-2005

texas1234

Post by texas1234 »

Another fine example of a Texas Governor who does a pretty good job at home and forgets how to speak on a national level. Wow! That was painful.
6th Generation Texan

TxA

Post by TxA »

terryg wrote:So nobody else watched this clip?? I am curious to see if anybody else picked up on the 'eye contact' - or if it was just me ...
Not sure if Parker was just listening to someone talking in her ear, but I did notice the flip of the hair so you might be on to something!!! :lol:
CHL 08/00

“We have no government armed in power capable of contending in human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
John Adams – 2nd President of the United States

psijac

Post by psijac »

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-n ... erry-pt--1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-n ... erry-pt--2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-n ... -interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”