"Arizona style" Immigration Bill Filed in Texas

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

chartreuse
Posts in topic: 4

Re: "Arizona style" Immigration Bill Filed in Texas

Post by chartreuse »

drjoker wrote:
texanron wrote:http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/te ... -crackdown
Rick Perry is not quite on board yet.
Of course. Ole Rick is a seasoned politician. He won't back this bill if there's a negative backlash from the Hispanic community. I heard somewhere that Hispanics are the biggest minority in Texas.
There was an article in Texas Monthly, recently, that argued that the real reason "seasoned politicians" have a problem with getting off the fence is not Hispanic voters (it claimed that, on the whole, US citizens and legal residents of Hispanic origin are more likely to be tough on illegal immigration), but rather big business donors who depend on cheap, illegal, labour.

rm9792
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rm9792 »

Beiruty wrote:I watched an episode about Border Wars where the drug runners use fast boat at night to smuggle large quantity of dope.

You know what is the punishment for smuggling hard core drugs in Saudi Arabia, or Eygpt? DEATH

Make the punishment of for convicting a hard core drug smuggling, the death penalty and you will see the problem goes down, I would not say is gone. it is goes down big time.
As for illegal immigration, if you cross the border in many countries you are either shot dead, blown into pieces or prosecuted as a spy. I vote for land mines and short term legal work permit. At least you know who enters and wants to work have a work and have the background checked.
This is more of the same. It wont work. Make the drugs legal, remove the profit motive and let the idiot addicts kill themselves off. I have little sympathy for drug addicts. If it is legal, cheap and easy to get then you wont have near the criminals you have now trying to steal and kill to get them. How many steal and kill to get cigs or alcohol? Both are deadly and have their social problems but are legal. Why? (hint:Money)

CWOOD
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CWOOD »

drjoker wrote:I just read the text of the law and it says that the immigration status of those ARRESTED will be checked. If you were stopped on a routine traffic stop, you will NOT be ARRESTED and therefore you will NOT be harassed as a minority as long as you are law-abiding and avoid arrest. Also, it did not say to check immigration status of SUSPECTED illegal immigrants but to check the immigration status of those ARRESTED. It suggests that EVERYONE must be checked. I don't know how the law will actually be promulgated, but the law itself is NOT racist nor facist. I support it wholeheartedly. If the legislator really did sleep on the floor of the house in order to file the bill first, then she has my COMMENDATIONS because that, my friends, is DEDICATION.

P.S. Please write your legislator in support of this bill. Thank you.
drjoker, just a small point of information.

There CUSTODY ARRESTS and NON-CUSTODY ARRESTS.

A traffic ticket, is a instrument of a NON-CUSTODY ARREST. In essence it is an arrest with an immediate release on a personal bond. Your signature on the ticket is your bond, or promise to appear, in particular court by a specified time. If you do not sign the personal bond you will experience a CUSTODY ARREST.

In Texas, the ONLY circumstance where a LEO cannot execute a CUSTODY ARREST for a traffic violation is when the driver has a Texas DL, and the vehicle is registered in Texas and the only violation is speeding. That being said, it would not take much to escalate the charge to Reckless Driving, so I would not even bet on that.

I generally agree with your position on this matter but just wanted to clarify a point of the law.

chartreuse

Post by chartreuse »

AndyC wrote:Full article at Center for Immigration Studies

It gives some alarming insights into politicians' motivations.
Very interesting reading, thanks Andy.

As Dr Pournelle is wont to say, the new Barons and Earls...

Hoi Polloi

Post by Hoi Polloi »

CWOOD wrote:
drjoker wrote:I just read the text of the law and it says that the immigration status of those ARRESTED will be checked. If you were stopped on a routine traffic stop, you will NOT be ARRESTED and therefore you will NOT be harassed as a minority as long as you are law-abiding and avoid arrest. Also, it did not say to check immigration status of SUSPECTED illegal immigrants but to check the immigration status of those ARRESTED. It suggests that EVERYONE must be checked. I don't know how the law will actually be promulgated, but the law itself is NOT racist nor facist. I support it wholeheartedly. If the legislator really did sleep on the floor of the house in order to file the bill first, then she has my COMMENDATIONS because that, my friends, is DEDICATION.

P.S. Please write your legislator in support of this bill. Thank you.
drjoker, just a small point of information.

There CUSTODY ARRESTS and NON-CUSTODY ARRESTS.

A traffic ticket, is a instrument of a NON-CUSTODY ARREST. In essence it is an arrest with an immediate release on a personal bond. Your signature on the ticket is your bond, or promise to appear, in particular court by a specified time. If you do not sign the personal bond you will experience a CUSTODY ARREST.

In Texas, the ONLY circumstance where a LEO cannot execute a CUSTODY ARREST for a traffic violation is when the driver has a Texas DL, and the vehicle is registered in Texas and the only violation is speeding. That being said, it would not take much to escalate the charge to Reckless Driving, so I would not even bet on that.

I generally agree with your position on this matter but just wanted to clarify a point of the law.
Thank you for pointing this out! I'm learning a lot from this conversation and look forward to reading the posted article.
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;
reformers in the morning, conservers at night. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

ttn539

Post by ttn539 »

LOL

Rick343

Post by Rick343 »

Well done, I hope our congress has the backbone to pass this bill. Another bill that needs to be passed is one that requires anyone running for a Texas state or federal political office must show a certified birth certificate. And that goes for the president too.

chartreuse

Post by chartreuse »

AndyC wrote:
chartreuse wrote:Very interesting reading, thanks Andy.

As Dr Pournelle is wont to say, the new Barons and Earls...
Indeed.

From the same article:

"If an organizeable mass of Americans comes to suspect that mass immigration from Latin America is being used by the political class to undermine their democracy and as a tool to liberate the political elites from the Jeffersonian and Madisonian constraints, then indeed we may witness a reaction" :shock:
The author's thesis reminded me of something, but I couldn't think what. I remember now - it was Brecht's poem, "Die Lösung" (The Solution), about the aftermath of the 1953 uprising in E. Germany. I had to look it up, but here it is:

After the uprising of the 17th of June
The Secretary of the Writers Union
Had leaflets distributed in the Stalinallee
Stating that the people
Had thrown away the confidence of the government
And could win it back only
By redoubled efforts. Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

Illegal immigration is bad for America. How do I know? History. Dummies don't study history. The politicians are counting on you being a dummy. Over 100 years ago, illegal American immigrants invited themselves into northern Mexico. These immigrants outnumbered the Mexicans and eventually revolted. Northern Mexico became the Southwestern USA. Now, illegal immigrants are coming into the USA. Why do you think the Mexicans are doing this? Perhaps, they want northern Mexico back? There are more Mexican Democrats than Republicans. How do you think that the unpopular Obama will steal the next election? Pardoning illegals and making them instant citizens by executive order? Please write your political representatives (pres, congress (both state and national), senate (both), gov, etc). Especially if you're a minority, let them know that it's NOT racist to enforce immigration law.

Evidence Mexican Gov't SNEAKING ILLEGALS INTO THE USA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJyochOlcpQ

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

SmoothFox wrote:CRAP!!

Who's gonna do all that manual labor for less than minimum wages? There goes my lawn maintenance bill. :grumble
Neighborhood kids who want to make a buck. 'Twas my first job.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Barbi Q

Post by Barbi Q »

Think of all the handouts the government could cut if they didn't aid and abet criminal invaders.

Not only the spending on the criminals and their families, but the handouts they can cut for welfare recipients and others who don't want to take those manual labor jobs. Thessalonians 3:10
If anyone is raped, beaten or murdered on a college campus from this day forward
The senators who blocked SB 354 from being considered on 4/7/11 and
The members of the house calendar committee who haven't scheduled HB 750
Have the victims' blood on their hands.

pdubyoo

Post by pdubyoo »

Dave2 wrote:
SmoothFox wrote:CRAP!!

Who's gonna do all that manual labor for less than minimum wages? There goes my lawn maintenance bill. :grumble
Neighborhood kids who want to make a buck. 'Twas my first job.
I understand that this was meant somewhat as a tongue and cheek joke, but seriously, the lawn crew I've used from time to time are from Ukrane. They are brothers that have begun their process for U.S. citizenship, and are no more expensive than some lawn crews that are...well...questionable. Shop around! :patriot:
Nov. 2010...Check!
Nov. 2012...Don't Give Up!
Jan. 2013...True Change!

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

How about a law that requires someone to prove citizenship to register to vote?
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”