Campus Carry bill filed today plus others

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

hirundo82
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Campus Carry bill filed today plus others

Post by hirundo82 »

karl wrote:
GaryAdrian wrote:I just wrote my Senator about his support. He's a great guy and supported this last time. :txflag:
Find out who represents you in the Texas House here.

Find out who represents you in the Texas Senate here.

I'll be addressing mine next week!
I'll be contacting mine, as I always do. Not likely to do much good though, as they've both earned their "F" rating from the TSRA.

karl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by karl »

Every bit helps :txflag:
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

steve817
Posts in topic: 1

Post by steve817 »

Any word as to whether or not they are going to approach an employee parking lot bill?
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

steve817 wrote:Any word as to whether or not they are going to approach an employee parking lot bill?

:iagree: :cheers2:

kyreb

Post by kyreb »

Campus carry bill got quite a bit of press today. Nothing on the Parking Lot protection bill. I thought it was supposed to be the top priority for TSRA in this legislative session? Seems to me that bill affects a whole lot more of us than the campus carry bill will.
Hope corporate lobbyists have not killed it again this year. :mad5
NRA Endowment Member
Unrepentant Hobbyist

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

steve817 wrote:Any word as to whether or not they are going to approach an employee parking lot bill?
The parking lot bill and campus carry are TSRA's top two legislative priorities, so I'm sure a bill will be filed. There are still two months to go until the legislature convenes.

texanron

Post by texanron »

SB730 is the parking lot carry bill I found.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

This is the only 'news' story I have seen thus far:

http://www.kwkt.com/news/lawmakes-tryin ... e-campuses" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One Baylor student says she is worried that if more guns are brought on campus, they could "fall into the wrong hands ultimately, and hurt more people than intended to."
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

texanron wrote:SB730 is the parking lot carry bill I found.
Believe this is last years bill that got put on tha calender but not voted on.
CHL since 01/26/09

EconDoc

Post by EconDoc »

Please make sure that the scheduled committee hearings on this bill are posted. I want to go down and testify in favor of the bill as written (without any exemption for private colleges). In doing so, I will be going against the administration where I teach. I teach at a private university in Austin. So, I will have to make it very clear that I am speaking as a private individual and not for the university, but I favor this bill. It is not only a matter of being safe on campus. There is also the 14 mile commute, one-way, that I make every day.
Sauron lives and his orc minions are on the march. Free people own guns.

boomstick

Post by boomstick »

The Campus Carry Bill was referenced this morning on Channel 2 news at 5:00 a.m. I wonder when someone will get around to introducing a Parking Lot Bill this session?
SSGT, USAF Security Police (1975-1981)
NORAD Cheyenne Mountain, Osan AB Korea, Ellsworth AFB S.D.
TX CHL/LTC Instructor (2011-2017)
NRA Pistol Instructor (2015-2017)

terryg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by terryg »

EconDoc wrote:Please make sure that the scheduled committee hearings on this bill are posted. I want to go down and testify in favor of the bill as written (without any exemption for private colleges). In doing so, I will be going against the administration where I teach. I teach at a private university in Austin. So, I will have to make it very clear that I am speaking as a private individual and not for the university, but I favor this bill. It is not only a matter of being safe on campus. There is also the 14 mile commute, one-way, that I make every day.
:iagree: Yep. I am exactly in your shoes and I like the way this current bill is written. Last years bill had exclusions for private.
... this space intentionally left blank ...

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

boomstick wrote:The Campus Carry Bill was referenced this morning on Channel 2 news at 5:00 a.m. I wonder when someone will get around to introducing a Parking Lot Bill this session?
In all likelihood, not until the session starts. We've done it before, but it's rare, because pre-filing only gives the opposition more time to gather support. This bill was filed by a first-term Representative (who is clearly on our side!).

Chas.

blue

Post by blue »

Looks like we have the best 'crop' of legislators/Governor in a long time AND a limited time to get things DONE before 2012.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE--- CAN WE ALL GET OFF OF THAT "BABY STEPS" THINKING, AND TAKE SOME BIG STEPS WHILE THE GETTING IS GOOD!!!

:txflag: :txflag: :txflag:

Regards,
Blue

Constitutional Carry NOW
ETC.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
boomstick wrote:The Campus Carry Bill was referenced this morning on Channel 2 news at 5:00 a.m. I wonder when someone will get around to introducing a Parking Lot Bill this session?
In all likelihood, not until the session starts. We've done it before, but it's rare, because pre-filing only gives the opposition more time to gather support. This bill was filed by a first-term Representative (who is clearly on our side!).

Chas.

In other words, don't show your "hole card" too early, as a poker player would state it.. :thumbs2:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”