License Plates

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Rebel
Posts in topic: 2

Re: License Plates

Post by Rebel »

RoyGBiv wrote:You can get the background and a random number for "less than $30/yr"..
or 2/3 numbers + 3 letters of your choice for "less than $33/yr"..
or a fully custom plate for "less than $60/yr"..

How about these (all are available as of this moment)

for $33/yr...
Glk-30.jpg
for $60/yr...
US Born.jpg
RKBA.jpg

While the Gadsen is cool, the idea of paying a State to put that plate on your car is a tad bit ironic.

For me the Gonzales Flag is a better choice as it has a direct link to our History.

EDIT--

Couldn't help it just ordered one for my vehicle.

mgood
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mgood »

Rebel wrote:For me the Gonzales Flag is a better choice as it has a direct link to our History.
:iagree: The Gadsden is great. But the Gonzales is a Texas thing.

You could put stickers on your vehicle for a lot less money. The only point I see in these plates is to annoy the liberals by showing them we live in a state that actually recognizes the concepts behind these two symbols.

Rebel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rebel »

mgood wrote:
Rebel wrote:For me the Gonzales Flag is a better choice as it has a direct link to our History.
:iagree: The Gadsden is great. But the Gonzales is a Texas thing.

You could put stickers on your vehicle for a lot less money. The only point I see in these plates is to annoy the liberals by showing them we live in a state that actually recognizes the concepts behind these two symbols.

I think now that the Gadsden Flag is associated by some with the Tea Party, and those who don't know it's history may think that it's some sort of anti liberal message.

On the other hand the Gonzales Flag is purely about the Texas battle for independence, it has no political leaning to it. The only people I could see being offended by that plate are the completely un informed who maybe think it's some pro gun plate(via the canon), or possibly some faction who believe Texas was stolen from Mexico. If that is the case then sorry, I can't fix stupid and easily offended.
Last edited by Rebel on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

Rebel wrote:

...sorry, I can't fix stupid and easily offended.
We must try, mustn't we?

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OldCannon »

I am obligated to remind those of you considering specialized plates to think about getting TSRA plates instead. Almost 75% of the money from that goes to support A&M scholarships and 4H shooting safety programs.

Just sayin.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”