Bill would require all S.D. citizens to buy a gun

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bill would require all S.D. citizens to buy a gun

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Oldgringo wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:Interesting.

Five South Dakota lawmakers have introduced legislation that would require any adult 21 or older to buy a firearm “sufficient to provide for their ordinary self-defense.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2011 ... ns-buy-gun" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That is just super; however, it is about as unconstitutional as Obama's mandatory health insurance bill. Does the bill indicate what type and caliber/gauge firearm is to be purchased? :deadhorse:
Most of the colonies(later states) had such laws from the early 1600's until at least the early 1800's. To provide for the individual and common defense. Most Indian problems at that time were handled by calling up the Militia(every able bodied male in the community then, now every able bodied male and female between the ages of 18 and 45.).

Kennesaw, Georgia has such a city ordinance on the books and I am told a few others scattered across the country also have a similar ordinance.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”