Arizona had enough of the Feds.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Arizona had enough of the Feds.

Post by RPB »

Big Tuna wrote:
seamusTX wrote:If a state passes a law saying that firearms manufactured entirely within the state can be sold and bought without federal regulation, and an FFL sells one of those firearms, BATFE will pull his license. They have already stated that after other another state (Tennessee, IIRC) passed a similar law.
The dealer could choose to sell guns from Arizona-Arms exclusively and the dealer wouldn't need a FFL. so there's nothing for the BATFE to revoke. State and local law enforcement wouldn't hassle him because he's obeying state and local law.
Interesting thought... If he didn't need one in the first place, what would they revoke?
Just like individual to individual sales of used light bulbs, appliances, furniture, etc..
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 8

Post by seamusTX »

I think the problem is that the unlicensed "non-dealer" might be charged with violating 18 U.S.C. 922(a)(1)(A).

As usual, I am not a lawyer. I just think this is an important aspect to consider.

Also, people in a higher pay grade than I have pointed out that if the legislative scope of the commerce clause begins to erode, other things like LEOSA and civil rights laws might go down.

- Jim

Big Tuna
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Big Tuna »

Thanks to the 14th Amendment, civil rights can still be protected even if the Supreme Court admits that a kid running a lemonade stand in their driveway is local commerce, not interstate/international commerce.

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

Have I been missing something or has our Governor not stayed silent on Arizona’s situation and the “boycott Arizona” talk by California and a few other states.

It seems to me that Arizona has the courage and sense of independence that Texas used to have.

I believe our state government should be showing more support for Arizona as we have many of the same problems they do.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Katygunnut

Post by Katygunnut »

VoiceofReason wrote:Have I been missing something or has our Governor not stayed silent on Arizona’s situation and the “boycott Arizona” talk by California and a few other states.

It seems to me that Arizona has the courage and sense of independence that Texas used to have.

I believe our state government should be showing more support for Arizona as we have many of the same problems they do.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”