Ann Coulter

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
maxlib
Posts in topic: 2

Ann Coulter

Post by maxlib »

Ann Coulter's Column appearing in the Lufkin Daily News today.

WHAT LIBERALS DON'T KNOW ABOUT GUNS, CHAPTER 217.

http://www.anncoulter.com/

"It's so adorable when people who wouldn't know a high-capacity magazine from Vanity Fair start telling gun owners what they should want and need".
“No, that is the great fallacy; the wisdom of old men. They do not grow wise. They grow careful”. Count Greffi, A Farewell To Arms, Ernest Hemmingway

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ann Coulter

Post by ScottDLS »

maxlib wrote:Ann Coulter's Column appearing in the Lufkin Daily News today.

WHAT LIBERALS DON'T KNOW ABOUT GUNS, CHAPTER 217.

http://www.anncoulter.com/

"It's so adorable when people who wouldn't know a high-capacity magazine from Vanity Fair start telling gun owners what they should want and need".
I am familiar with her columns/commentary and have a great respect for her intellect and clear headed arguments. I heard her on Sean Hannity's show today where Mark Simone was filling in. I think she's kind of an "Ivy League" version of Sarah Palin, and I say that with respect for both women.

This particular column is a thoughtful response to the "knee jerk" liberal reaction to ban anything that seems scary...

Side Note @ maxlib... I kept thinking your "handle" meant Maximum Liberal...until I read the "what is the origin of your username thread" and realized it was Maximum Liberty.
-Scott (used to be from Dallas...1991-1998, hence DLS)
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
maxlib

Post by maxlib »

That's too funny. I never imagined that anyone could see my username in that light until you pointed it out. Now it seems pretty obvious!

I like her as well as Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams and a couple others that are featured in the LDN. I'm glad that my local paper doesn’t offend me with the liberal perspective.
“No, that is the great fallacy; the wisdom of old men. They do not grow wise. They grow careful”. Count Greffi, A Farewell To Arms, Ernest Hemmingway

Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Even though we agree more often than not, I'm not an Ann Coulter fan. I think that she is often mean-spirited and is an exemplification of all that is wrong with the far right. (I passed off her horrifying comments on the 9/11 widows as being made for shock value. Her interview on 'perfected jews' quite honestly leaves me dumbfounded to this day)

With that being said, this is a very good and well-reasoned response.

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

She even commented on one of the UT Articles. Her list of the "pattern" of how "like force" has ended several school shootings.
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

philip964

Post by philip964 »

She made a point in one of her books that I had never heard before. Never heard by anyone anywhere.

She believes that Senator Joseph McCarthy(R Wisconsin) was an American hero.

My history classes in high school did not cover much beyond the Korean War with the exception of McCarthyism, Kennedy assassination, and NASA.

McCarthy was certainly portrayed as a bad guy in my history book in school and McCarthyism especially so. So I had always taken this as the gospel truth.

So it was quite a surprise when she came to his defense.

Seems there is always two sides to every story and when the liberals are in the press and writing the textbooks such things happen.

As time went on people would die, and turns out that guy was a communist sympathizer after all.

You just have to love the first amendment.

In addition, despite what she says, she has great legs and is totally hot.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

philip964 wrote:She made a point in one of her books that I had never heard before. Never heard by anyone anywhere.

She believes that Senator Joseph McCarthy(R Wisconsin) was an American hero.

My history classes in high school did not cover much beyond the Korean War with the exception of McCarthyism, Kennedy assassination, and NASA.

McCarthy was certainly portrayed as a bad guy in my history book in school and McCarthyism especially so. So I had always taken this as the gospel truth.

So it was quite a surprise when she came to his defense.

Seems there is always two sides to every story and when the liberals are in the press and writing the textbooks such things happen.

As time went on people would die, and turns out that guy was a communist sympathizer after all.

You just have to love the first amendment.

In addition, despite what she says, she has great legs and is totally hot.
Recent scholarship has exonerated McCarthy. Furthermore, McCarthy was only one player in that drama. He was singled out because of the "have you no sense of decency, sir?" outburst during a Senate hearing and because he later became chairman of that committee. This is a good brief summary of what took place back then. The tactics used to smear and defame McCarthy may seem very familiar to you. They are being used today to smear conservative leaders who threaten the status quo.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Barbi Q

Post by Barbi Q »

Shasta wrote:Even though we agree more often than not, I'm not an Ann Coulter fan. I think that she is often mean-spirited
I'm not a fan for the same reason but I have to :roll: when the left attacks her for not being fat.
If anyone is raped, beaten or murdered on a college campus from this day forward
The senators who blocked SB 354 from being considered on 4/7/11 and
The members of the house calendar committee who haven't scheduled HB 750
Have the victims' blood on their hands.

HankB

Post by HankB »

I dislike Ms. Coulter because she's far too forgiving of liberals and holds both Obama and Clinton in far too high esteem.
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

The Mad Moderate

Post by The Mad Moderate »

HankB wrote:I dislike Ms. Coulter because she's far too forgiving of liberals and holds both Obama and Clinton in far too high esteem.
What Ann Coultergiest are you watching...
and yes she is a great looking woman too bad the best we have is Nancy polci :roll:
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

loadedliberal wrote:
What Ann Coultergiest are you watching...
and yes she is a great looking woman too bad the best we have is Nancy polci :roll:
This is a sad statement on so many levels.... :shock:

AustinMRH

Post by AustinMRH »

I appreciate her run down of situations where armed persons have helped to end killing sprees, a good list for reference at a later date.

But I strongly disagree with the following:
In fact, high-capacity mags put a predator like Loughner at a disadvantage because they are so long, unwieldy and difficult to conceal. This may be why the Tucson shooting appears to be the first spree killing involving a high-capacity magazine. It would have been easier for Loughner to bring two guns.

On the other hand, for a homeowner who is a poor marksman, a large-capacity clip could be a lifesaver.
If you are a homeowner who is a poor marksman, get a shotgun, not a handgun with a 33rd magazine. While you have every right to own the gun and the magazine I would consider it to be a poor decision to rely on this as your home protection.

I think the Glock 33rd mag is a joke. Having used one a few times, it can't reasonably be considered for any kind of real situation. I thought it would be nice to not have to swap mags when at the range, but the added weight makes the gun behave differently than it would under carry conditions. You can't conceal with the mag in, not easily. Good luck finding a small lock box to hold the gun with mag in.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

I disagree. Unless you have a house with shooting lanes of 15 yards+, you're going to have to be just as good of a shot with a shotgun to hit much as you are with a pistol.

As soon as its broken in, this is going to be my go to home defense weapon:

(not my pic)

I'd rather have 33 hollowpoint 9mm on tap with another 33 in a reload than 7 or 8 shotgun shells for HD.
TANSTAAFL

AustinMRH

Post by AustinMRH »

My issue is not with the use of a handgun as a home defense weapon, but with the idea that if you are a bad shot get the 33rd clip and just pray and spray. If you are a poor shot with your pistol either practice more or find a gun you can shoot (maybe get a laser grip).

Big Tuna

Post by Big Tuna »

AustinMRH wrote:I think the Glock 33rd mag is a joke.
I'll give you $5 for yours.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”