Hou Chron article today on Campus Carry

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

cubbyjg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hou Chron article today on Campus Carry

Post by cubbyjg »

reading this article put a smile on my face. Im glad to see licensed concealed carry could be one step closer to happening. As for the law student, as long as it is concealed, he wouldnt know. If this actually happens, i will make the trip to my alma mater to walk around with my CHL and pistol on my hip...concealed of course. :txflag:
Hook'em Horns!
Class of 2007

“I am actually for gun control. Use both hands." - Gov. Rick Perry

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Beiruty »

In AZ no licenses to carry a gun concealed or open, How about at their colleges?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

alvins

Post by alvins »

accually what i want to know is. If the law passes will the colleges be able to post the 30.06 signs to keep guns out anyway?

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Beiruty »

alvins wrote:accually what i want to know is. If the law passes will the colleges be able to post the 30.06 signs to keep guns out anyway?
Most likely NOT!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

jcarp02

Post by jcarp02 »

I was happy to see this article, but it is a little frustrating that all of these articles are so left-sided.

Bullwhip

Post by Bullwhip »

alvins wrote:accually what i want to know is. If the law passes will the colleges be able to post the 30.06 signs to keep guns out anyway?
Not state schools for sure. Private schools, probably.

EconDoc

Post by EconDoc »

blue wrote:Strange how they are so Scared of CHL on campus.
Yet they trot right into malls, movies, big box stores, etc., etc.. with not even a blink or care.

TX has roughly 2 % CHL so in theory, about 1 in 50 people, off campus and right next to them, IS armed!
We heard the same scare stories and predictions back when the CHL itself was under discussion. Indeed, change a few words and these statements could be lifted out of news stories and editiorials from 1993 and 1995.

:patriot: :txflag:
Sauron lives and his orc minions are on the march. Free people own guns.

Glock 23

Post by Glock 23 »

all i know is if i hear one more ignorant comment like 'what if a student with a chl get a bad grade or gets dumped?' well then the apocalypse of fire will rain down. cause every time i get a C or worse i just know shootin folk makes me feel better.
definitely in line for most ignorant comment ever said.

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RPB »

Glock 23 wrote:all i know is if i hear one more ignorant comment like 'what if a student with a chl get a bad grade or gets dumped?' well then the apocalypse of fire will rain down. cause every time i get a C or worse i just know shootin folk makes me feel better.
"rlol"
Since more professors are over 21 than students (qualified for a CHL) I'd hesitate to whoop out a firearm on any faculty after this passes, although nothing at all prevents an 18 year old from whooping one out now and shootin' a prof, and the rest of the class, over grades, except now the prof must be unarmed.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RHenriksen »

RPB wrote:
Glock 23 wrote:all i know is if i hear one more ignorant comment like 'what if a student with a chl get a bad grade or gets dumped?' well then the apocalypse of fire will rain down. cause every time i get a C or worse i just know shootin folk makes me feel better.
"rlol"
Since more professors are over 21 than students (qualified for a CHL) I'd hesitate to whoop out a firearm on any faculty after this passes, although nothing at all prevents an 18 year old from whooping one out now and shootin' a prof, and the rest of the class, over grades, except now the prof must be unarmed.
Hm... I must say, I can't think of a single university professor who I can picture touching a firearm, let alone own one, let alone *carry* one!
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RPB »

RHenriksen wrote:
RPB wrote:
"rlol"
Hm... I must say, I can't think of a single university professor who I can picture touching a firearm, let alone own one, let alone *carry* one!
After the "express lane" opened at the State Capital, more CHL courses were taken by Democrats too .... just sayin, maybe they will after it passes if they think every 18 year old student is a-packin' lol. (Which we know isn't the case)
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

RPB wrote: After the "express lane" opened at the State Capital, more CHL courses were taken by Democrats too .... just sayin, maybe they will after it passes if they think every 18 year old student is a-packin' lol. (Which we know isn't the case)
Good point, maybe so! Perhaps having them experience the process of getting the permit will open their eyes a bit.

Bart

Post by Bart »

RHenriksen wrote:Hm... I must say, I can't think of a single university professor who I can picture touching a firearm, let alone own one, let alone *carry* one!
I have met engineering, science and business professors who shoot. I don't know about the fuzzy subjects.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

NavAir

Post by NavAir »

I have some reservations about the maturity level and impulse control of some college age students and the wisdom of allowing them to concealed carry. But I guess by age 21 you either have it by then or you'll never get it. Most of those able to carry will be college seniors or above.

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Ah, good point about the science/engineering fields.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”