Funny Story from Alabama

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
punkndisorderly
Posts in topic: 1

Funny Story from Alabama

Post by punkndisorderly »

So, i'm out visiting the 'rents in Mobile and I spy a story about the Mayor of Mobile holding a burglar at bay with his. 38 revolver until the police could arrive. Seems he went to the store and caught the guy when he came home.

The funny part? He's a member of Bloombergs Mayor's Against Illegal Guns group. You know, the anti-CHL group.

No word on if he has a permit, or if he was carrying illegally. :lol:
Texas CHL Instructor

stroguy

Re: Funny Story from Alabama

Post by stroguy »

Do as my opinion says, not as I do. The liberal motto.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Just another Leftie hypocrite. Reminds me of Carl Rowan, the liberal former Washington Post columnist that ranted and raved for gun control in almost every column.

Funny thing is he shot some kid just for being in his yard one night using an illegal handgun in Washington DC. Yet he argued at trial that he had the right to use "whatever means necessary to protect himself and his family." Total hypocrisy. These lefties are so funny, yet so dangerous.

BTW, article here: http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-s ... or-perhaps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like Alan Gottlieb's comment:
“Here is a municipal mayor who has a bodyguard, and believes it is okay for him to carry a gun, but he belongs to an organization that consistently works to keep everyone else from carrying. If the mayor is legally licensed, why does he belong to a group that has fought to prevent law-abiding citizens from exercising their self-defense right?

“If Mayor Jones doesn’t have a permit, then he is a poster child for the double standard that elites like Mayor Michael Bloomberg believe separates them from the citizens they serve. Either way, Mayor Jones owes it to his constituents to show them his carry permit, and to oppose any further attempts by Mayors Against Illegal Guns to prevent private citizens from exercising their constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms.”—Alan Gottlieb, CCRKBA
And Tom Gresham's comment:
“I think it's great that the mayor was able to defend himself but i just wish he understood that being a part of Mayor Bloomburg's Mayor's Against guns which is what it really is what he's really saying is that the rest of us should not have guns to defend ourselves.”
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Jumping Frog wrote:Just another Leftie hypocrite. Reminds me of Carl Rowan, the liberal former Washington Post columnist that ranted and raved for gun control in almost every column.

Funny thing is he shot some kid just for being in his yard one night using an illegal handgun in Washington DC. Yet he argued at trial that he had the right to use "whatever means necessary to protect himself and his family." Total hypocrisy. These lefties are so funny, yet so dangerous.

BTW, article here: http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-s ... or-perhaps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“Here is a municipal mayor who has a bodyguard, and believes it is okay for him to carry a gun, but he belongs to an organization that consistently works to keep everyone else from carrying. If the mayor is legally licensed, why does he belong to a group that has fought to prevent law-abiding citizens from exercising their self-defense right?

“If Mayor Jones doesn’t have a permit, then he is a poster child for the double standard that elites like Mayor Michael Bloomberg believe separates them from the citizens they serve. Either way, Mayor Jones owes it to his constituents to show them his carry permit, and to oppose any further attempts by Mayors Against Illegal Guns to prevent private citizens from exercising their constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms.”—Alan Gottlieb, CCRKBA
And Tom Gresham's comment:
“I think it's great that the mayor was able to defend himself but i just wish he understood that being a part of Mayor Bloomburg's Mayor's Against guns which is what it really is what he's really saying is that the rest of us should not have guns to defend ourselves.”
[I'm not picking on you, you just had the most quoted stuff to reply about ;-) ]

See, here is the trick: they KNOW they are hypocritical and THEY DON'T CARE. Remember, they are WISE and LEARNED ELITES...while the rest of us are the "unwashed masses". So, THEY can't be harmed because they MUST be around to guide (and control) us dirty peasants, and any one or group of us dirty peasants can be easily "sacrificed" for the "greater good" (plus the fact that unarmed peasants are much easier to push around, HISTORICAL FACT)...that is why, above all other principals, I look at how a politician feels about gun control...if they don't trust their law-abiding constituents enough to be armed and able to protect themselves, they really don't give a rat's behind about you in the least. I'll finish off with this quote from the genius Machiavelli, from "The Prince":

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The past couple of decades have plenty of examples of leftist political/cultural figures who espouse anti-gun rhetoric but either have a carry permit or hire armed security to surround them. Here's just a couple of others:

Senator Diane Feinstein used to have a California CCW and carried a .38 Special revolver.......and did all she could to disarm the peasantry.

Allegedly comic actress Rosie O'Donnell employed her own private armed security to guard her home and travel with her........and avocated unrelentingly for the disarming of her fellow peasants.

There are others.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:The past couple of decades have plenty of examples of leftist political/cultural figures who espouse anti-gun rhetoric but either have a carry permit or hire armed security to surround them. Here's just a couple of others:

Senator Diane Feinstein used to have a California CCW and carried a .38 Special revolver.......and did all she could to disarm the peasantry.

Allegedly comic actress Rosie O'Donnell employed her own private armed security to guard her home and travel with her........and avocated unrelentingly for the disarming of her fellow peasants.

There are others.
Feinstein needs some protection. She's the ninth richest person in congess. See http://www.rollcall.com/50richest/the-5 ... 112th.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

O'Donnell needed bodyguards because of her mouth.

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

Evil politicians aren't funny. :nono:
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Gee Whiz the Mayor of Mobile needs to be arrested and sent to jail he
terrorized a burglar while on the job can you imagine that.

The United Brotherhood of Rapist and Burglars
are only seeking to make workplaces safer for their members
Gun Control means job safety
:rules:
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

tommyg wrote:The United Brotherhood of Rapist and Burglars
are only seeking to make workplaces safer for their members
Gun Control means job safety
:rules:
There is a bumper sticker.

fulano

Post by fulano »

Jumping Frog wrote:
"Ultimate power is gained by disarming everyone but those in power".....if one of the founding fathers didn't say that, they should have.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they don't want to hear." George Orwell 1903-1950

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”