They never let up...

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Heartland Patriot

They never let up...

Post by Heartland Patriot »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02 ... latestnews

Somehow, some politicians seem to believe that those responsible for the violence should receive medical care when they get themselves shot during criminal activities, using money squeezed from law-abiding firearms owners. It is a fact that a large percentage of the violence in this country takes place in a few concentrated areas. I hope this one gets voted down, it doesn't need to get a toehold anywhere, even in Illinois.

Ameer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: They never let up...

Post by Ameer »

I call that aiding and abetting.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/1 ... 80197.html
Both women are in favor of Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's recent call for a statewide handgun registry -- a proposal that Governor Pat Quinn admitted will face "an uphill climb" toward passage.
The article details a "dust up" between Cassidy who is a Lesbian activist and Basta who is also an outed Lesbian. Both are in favor of the handgun registry. Comrade Rahm is marshaling forces among the Chicago liberals to try to cram more gun control down on the whole State population. So it really doesn't matter which of them occupies the North side seat. In this case the election will have no consequences. Both are equally bad. With this kind of thinking, I'm not at all surprised with that ammo tax.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Sounds like since they have nullified each others normal Democrat Party "advantages", one is looking to outdo the other using that old lefty standby, gun control...next, the other will want to ban all "assault clips"...or some such nonsense, just to outdo the rival to show true liberal qualifications. If it weren't such serious business, it would be a theater of the absurd. Makes my stomach churn, really.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Heartland Patriot wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02 ... latestnews

Somehow, some politicians seem to believe that those responsible for the violence should receive medical care when they get themselves shot during criminal activities, using money squeezed from law-abiding firearms owners. It is a fact that a large percentage of the violence in this country takes place in a few concentrated areas. I hope this one gets voted down, it doesn't need to get a toehold anywhere, even in Illinois.

Expect attacks on gun ownership to multiply in number and intensity if Obama gets another term.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

texasmusic

Post by texasmusic »

On the bright side... gun owners are gaining in numbers. Probably more so if he gets re elected.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

SavageMythology

Post by SavageMythology »

:iagree: There was a gun surge in early '09 when BHO was inaugurated, and I could definitely see that happening again. (I honestly don't think he'll be re-elected, but I suppose anything is possible.)

Gun owners in Illinois already have to have FOID cards (firearm owner's identification), which just let the state know that they have guns. They do absolutely nothing for the owner other than out them to the state. My family lives in southern Illinois (they disown Chicago as often as possible), and my dad still doesn't understand that Texans aren't required to have a FOID or equivalent. When I told him that I went to a gun show and walked out the same day with my first handgun, the incredulity in his voice was priceless! "rlol"

God bless Texas! :txflag:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

marful

Post by marful »

Now me, I'd think more along the lines of the State gaining the right to seize any and all personal property of said criminal to pay for his medical treatment.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”