Gas Prices!! How high do you think?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gas Prices!! How high do you think?

Post by i8godzilla »

Just some rambling thoughts:

Most "oil and gas companies" make large profits on petroleum products that are not refined gasoline. Gun oil just happens to be one of those products.

Oil and gas related revenues are the second highest source of income to the federal government behind income taxes. So, allowing more exploration and receiving royalties should increase revenue and help lower the price at the pump. When U.S. consumers cut back on consumption, revenues are reduced.

BTW did you know there is a government subsidy for ethanol blends. I listened to a recent news report that some oil companies are importing refined gas, blending it with ethanol, collecting the subsidy, and then exporting the finished product. If true, guess who is getting screwed in this global economy......

How high will it go? As high as the market will bear.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

RoyGBiv wrote:WE THE PEOPLE (WTP) "own" much of the land that drillers want to drill on. ANWR, Gulf Coast, etc. Our government owns it, but, WE "own" the government, no? It would be easy to argue that WTP can raise the royalty rates as high as the market will allow, and we can send out royalty checks to each person, in much the same way that Alaska does today. That will offset the higher prices at the pumps and give us an effective discount to the higher prices that non-producing countries will pay. The key will be making sure our government doesn't spend the royalty money... Oops... too late for that..
If the US government does that, don't be surprised if US citizens are the ones who suffer. I think the US is still a net importer of gasoline. China and India can easily buy their crude and gasoline from Canada, Venezuela, Russia, and the Middle East if they get it cheaper there. Large international companies will do less E&P in the USA if it's more expensive here than other places, and a reduction in E&P has long term effects. If that's the result you want, then higher royalties and tariffs are a great idea.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

Topic author
CC Italian
Posts in topic: 4

Post by CC Italian »

Just since I started this post two of my neighbors traded in there trucks and my long time buddy is looking into selling his F-150! "rlol" They said they didn't want to go through it again and really didn't need the trucks but they did like them. This is the same that happened to me after 08. Truck was nice but not necessary. Unless you make the big bucks most Americans are going to have to drive less or downsize. I will not pay $100 for gas a week again.

On a side note in another month or two used trucks are going to be a cheaper once again. So if you don't mind the gas milege there are going to be a lot of trucks for sale. ;-)

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

$6/gal might make my commute a lot more pleasant. :lol:
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Kythas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kythas »

[youtube][/youtube]
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

bayouhazard

Post by bayouhazard »

A friend in law enforcement said higher gas prices correlate well to increased property crime in rural areas. Actually he said cause but anyway the idea is many have long commutes to work and the higher cost is an after tax expense that hits some people very hard. Some will decide property crime is worth the risk at that point. Or maybe cooking meth to make some extra money.

That's the theory he gave me anyway.

philip964
Posts in topic: 5

Post by philip964 »

mayor

Post by mayor »

I can imagine $10 a gallon before Brandon's term ends.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

CC Italian wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:15 pm Here it comes guys! I saw 3.59 today and as low of 3.36. So the question is how high do you think it will get this year before it levels off or starts to drop because demand will fall? Analysts are saying as high as 5.00 but who thinks the demand will keep up enough at that price to even reach that high? Also, the whole Iran bit has had an effect with the speculators but I don't even want to go into that! What do you guys think? I would be surprised if the demand would stay high enough to keep prices that high unless some big problem with Iran etc etc. Lets get some opinions, especially you guys in the oil field.

I sure am glad I traded in my truck last year and got a full size car! My friends with full size v8s and SUVs are crying with 13-17 miles per gallon!
As high as Hunter.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I found his interesting chart. https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gaso ... es/Europe/

I put 22 gallons in my pickup yesterday. It was 3.85 a gallon. I didn't even bother to look at the total. I get 16 mpg on a really good tank. Usually around 14-15 mpg. I may start riding my Harley more often but even that thing only gets around 22mpg.

I think we will see north of 7 before Brandons term ends. Kalifornia will definitely see north of ten. And then those idiots will vote Democrat as usual at election time.

Iunnrais

Post by Iunnrais »

My F-250's engine decided that 218k was as far as the head gasket would take her back in November. I decided to garage her into project truck status and pickup a new Jetta rather than doing the repairs right then. Pretty lucky I'd say. The old truck was getting 12-14mpg on the highway compared to the 47+ that the little VW is getting. With the office re-opening after 2 years and 100 miles per day of commute, it doesn't feel too bad right now as the car note is not quite 2 weeks worth of commuting gas for the pickup.

Granted now I've got a truck in my garage whispering bad things in my ear about engine swaps and new suspensions to make fun trips out to Colorado and Utah.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:17 am I found his interesting chart. https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gaso ... es/Europe/

I put 22 gallons in my pickup yesterday. It was 3.85 a gallon. I didn't even bother to look at the total. I get 16 mpg on a really good tank. Usually around 14-15 mpg. I may start riding my Harley more often but even that thing only gets around 22mpg.

I think we will see north of 7 before Brandons term ends. Kalifornia will definitely see north of ten. And then those idiots will vote Democrat as usual at election time.
$9.78 a gallon in the Netherlands was highest.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/poli ... e-gouging/

Oil Companies responsible for high gas prices says Chechen Schumer wants FTC to crack down on gouging.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”