Are you supporting liberal causes with your 'free' e-mail???

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 3

Are you supporting liberal causes with your 'free' e-mail???

Post by Jim Beaux »

Something to think about.
If you use a Gmail or Yahoo e-mail address and are pro-life, support gun rights and oppose ObamaCare, you are funding activities aimed at trashing your own beliefs.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/ ... l-account/
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

teri
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Are you supporting liberal causes with your 'free' e-mai

Post by teri »

Something else to think about...the article is written by Michael Reagan and he wants $40 a yr for you to use his email service. :shock: No matter where you shop or have your email, a liberal and a conservative are profiting in some way, shape or form. :mrgreen:
6/2/12 - CHL Class
7/20/12 - Plastic in hand!

~Do it today! It might be illegal tomorrow. - author unknown~

Topic author
Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

teri wrote:Something else to think about...the article is written by Michael Reagan and he wants $40 a yr for you to use his email service. :shock: No matter where you shop or have your email, a liberal and a conservative are profiting in some way, shape or form. :mrgreen:

The MR article has plenty of merit, and the point is about funding activities aimed at trashing your own beliefs. It's certainly your call, but I prefer to conduct business with my own kind.
~Unknown

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

Jim Beaux wrote:
teri wrote:Something else to think about...the article is written by Michael Reagan and he wants $40 a yr for you to use his email service. :shock: No matter where you shop or have your email, a liberal and a conservative are profiting in some way, shape or form. :mrgreen:

The MR article has plenty of merit, and the point is about funding activities aimed at trashing your own beliefs. It's certainly your call, but I prefer to conduct business with my own kind.
Use their free email and donate the $40 to your favorite cause.
NRA Endowment Member

teri
Posts in topic: 2

Post by teri »

Jim Beaux wrote:

It definitely has merit, I didn't mean to imply it didn't. I just think that it would have come across as not having bias toward reagan.com if it been written by someone without the last name of Reagan. ;-) How cool is that to have an email address @Reagan.com? :txflag: Unfortunately, it isn't $40 I can spare. I still don't think there is any way to control every penny we spend and where it goes. No matter how careful I am, my $$ will reach out to someone and/or cause that I don't support. :cryin
6/2/12 - CHL Class
7/20/12 - Plastic in hand!

~Do it today! It might be illegal tomorrow. - author unknown~

glockstero
Banned

Post by glockstero »

AARP members are supporting policies and politicians they otherwise would not support as well. AARP is one of the most ardent liberal supporters out there but most don't know it.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

glockstero wrote:AARP members are supporting policies and politicians they otherwise would not support as well. AARP is one of the most ardent liberal supporters out there but most don't know it.
AARP management is even more disgusting than the labor union bosses.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/ ... -paid-for/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An e-mail from AARP lobbyists Nora Super to White House staffer Lauren Aronson on July 23, 2009 said: “We really need to talk. Our calls against reform are coming in 14 to one.”

Yet a few months later, AARP was fully on board and officially supporting the very bill that was overwhelmingly opposed by its members.
“The Democrats’ health care law, which AARP strongly endorsed, could result in a windfall for AARP that exceeds over $1 billion during the next 10 years.”

That’s a billion reasons for AARP to betray seniors and support Obama’s bill.
Sweetening the deal for AARP, the bill created a special, AARP-specific carve-out exempting its Medigap policies from the rate regulations applied to its competitors.
The "Cornhusker carve-out" was just an appetizer compared to the AARP deal that put a billion dollars into a PRIVATE organization to get their support for O-Care. "Picking Winners", indeed. :mad5
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

WildBill wrote: Use their free email and donate the $40 to your favorite cause.
:iagree:

I quit Progressive last year for the same reason. Turned out they were overcharging me anyway.
AARP I never joined because of their politics.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

If by liberal causes you mean freedom of speech, the answer is YES.

Topic author
Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

recaffeination wrote:If by liberal causes you mean freedom of speech, the answer is YES.
Libs disingenuously call it freedom of speech, but let's call it what it really is, suppressing school prayer, killing babies, tearing down crosses on hill tops, advocating NAMBLA, teaching our children to accept deviate behavior as normal, denial of our 2nd amendment rights.....
~Unknown

TexasComputerDude

Post by TexasComputerDude »

^
Glock 30 - main ccw

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I guess I'm a traitor to the cause. I actually pay Google $150/year for a three user license to the enterprise version of Google Apps.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

smoothoperator

Post by smoothoperator »

Talk is cheap. I'm a capitalist and judge businesses based on cost and value provided.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”