Today in Obama's new term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Today in Obama's new term as President

Post by Dave2 »

philip964 wrote:I pray he will be a good president for the entire country in the next 4 years and we will all positively benefit from his leadership of the country.
That is, of course, the wiser prayer and the one I will aim for using, but I'm mildly ashamed to admit it's not what popped into my head after reading "I pray he will".
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Yup and he s :smash: wore to uphold the constituation..he has a funny way of going about that.

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jaguar »

texanjoker wrote:Yup and he s :smash: wore to uphold the constituation..he has a funny way of going about that.
Did he say that part with a straight face? I couldn't be bothered to watch the pompous ceremony.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Stupid

Post by Stupid »

Another 4 long years. :-(
Please help the wounded store owner who fought off 3 robbers. He doesn't have medical insurance.
http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26249961/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mamabearCali »

Stupid wrote:Another 4 long years. :-(

This was my thought today as well.

I had hopes the first time around that the magnitude of the office would humble him and help him be a good president. Sadly now I know his ego has no bounds. He is a egomaniac communist that wants to take this country apart bit by bit. How he takes an oath option to uphold the constitution with a straight face I don't know.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

A true national nightmare.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

God help us all!

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 38

Post by philip964 »

Drudge checked my math it is 1461 days to go. Considering what has happened over the last moth it's going to be a very long time.

I have not seen his speech, but news reports have specifically mention climate change as a focus for him in his next term.
That means those of us in Texas will do well as a green energy policy will mean high oil prices.

That may make up for higher taxes and higher gun and ammunition prices.

Of course a concern is that the midterms do not go Republican but Democratic. Then Obama would have a mandate, he would not waste.

At that point bolt action rifles and two barrel shotguns might be all that survives.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Day 2, 1460 to go.

Apparently Obama is willing to sign a 3 month extension of the debt ceiling, but someone also brought up more new taxes.

Phil Mickelson may leave California due to tax hikes.

Beyonce lip synced the National Anthem at the inauguration.

But of most interest was Obama's comments on global warming during his speech. A wind chill of -50 was recorded in North Dakota yesterday. Here is a live map of the cold weather. http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This article talks about his bringing God into the Climate fight.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense ... fight.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Day 8, 1453 to go.

Obama will speak on immigration reform (amnesty) tomorrow in Las Vegas (remember he said to not to go there for conventions)
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/oba ... 98171.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. One day trip is estimated to cost 1.6 million.

Obama's selection for our ambassador to England (editor of Vogue magazine) boy friend, owes the government 1. 2 million in back taxes. He raised money for Obama's reelection.

But the link for today's post is: the office to close Guantanamo is closing.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/33 ... ck-brennan#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently since he has been reelected, he does not even have to pretend that he will close Guantanamo anymore.

"Read my lips"

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

I have woefully not kept up with today in Obama's term as President. I'm really sorry I have not it has been an exciting year.

Well it is one year down three to go. That is 1091 days remaining. We are on day 370 of the new term. It seems so much longer, but I am certainly more up beat than a year ago. With midterm elections are just around the corner, there is a small chance that the senate could turn Republican and we would not live under the fear of his presidency as much.

This year brought a number of defeats for Obama. His gun control measures he proposed went no where. Some ammunition has returned to the shelves of Walmart. His roll out of Obamacare was a disaster, this leading to a more watchful eye by the press. Some dents in his armor are appearing in the press. Something I thought I would never see.

With the IRS targeting conservatives, tea party groups and a conservative film maker, I was having visions of Richard Nixon.

The revelations on the NSA spying have a number of liberals actually questioning him. And finally everything being George W's fault have finally disappeared.

What I find most interesting is that my very liberal friends are not posting everyday about his accomplishments in glowing terms. There seems to be a malaise about Obama and what a great president he has been.

Being in Texas we are isolated from the economy to some extent. His green energy policies only help our economy by keeping oil prices and employment high. In the rest of the country, higher taxes, few jobs and a sour economy probably are starting to annoy people especially when his Obamacare and objection to the Keystone pipeline do nothing, but restrict job growth.

If he is lucky the Japanese and Chinese will continue to buy our debt and interest rates on federal bonds will continue to remain low during his presidency. Should that day come, look out. It will not be good for Republican or Democrat alike.

Other peoples views below:

Here is a long list of Obama's accomplishments if your a fan of Obama. http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/02/15 ... citations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the same from a different not sure which side point of view: http://whattheheckhasobamadonesofar.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are clearly from the "not a fan" point of view:

List of Firsts by Red Flag News of Obama's accomplishments:

First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States.
First President to violate the War Powers Act.
First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.
First President to spend a trillion dollars on “shovel-ready” jobs when there was no such thing as “shovel-ready” jobs.
First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
First President to tell a CEO of a major corporation (Chrysler) to resign.
First President to terminate America’s ability to put a man in space.
First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer and to say that America is no longer a Christian nation.
First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke out on the reasons for their rate increases.
First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory.
First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
First President to actively try to bankrupt an American industry (coal).
First President to fire an inspector general of AmeriCorps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office.
First President to surround himself with radical left wing anarchists.
First President to golf more than 150 separate times in his five years in office.
First President to hide his birth, medical, educational and travel records.
First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it.
First President to go on multiple “global apology tours” and concurrent “insult our friends” tours.
First President to go on over 17 lavish vacations, in addition to date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends paid for by the taxpayers.
First President to have personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.
First President to fly in a personal trainer from Chicago at least once a week at taxpayer expense.
First President to repeat the Holy Quran and tell us the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth
First President to side with a foreign nation over one of the American 50 states (Mexico vs Arizona).
First President to tell the military men and women that they should pay for their own private insurance because they “volunteered to go to war and knew the consequences.”
Then he was the First President to tell the members of the military that THEY were UNPATRIOTIC for balking at the last

Records set during Obama's Presidency:

US sovereign debt downgrade
Federal spending highest since World War II as a percentage of Gross Domestic Product 25%
Budget deficite highest since World War II as a percentage of Gross Domestic Product 10%
Federal debt highest since just after World War II as a percentage of Gross Domestic Product 67%
Employment of population working lowest since 1983 58.1%
Long term unemployment highest since 1930's 45.9%
Increase in nonfarm payroll employment at .5% is the slowest job growth 26 months after a recession ended since World War II
Homeownership rate is the lowest since 1965
Percentage of taxpayer paying incometax is the lowest in the modern era 49%
Government dependency is the highest in American history 47% (defined by persons receiving one or more federal benefit payments)
Highest stock market level (not adjusted for inflation)
Lowest interest payments payed on bank deposits in the modern era.

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mamabearCali »

I have a hunch that if we come out of this it will be called America's lost decade.

We will be lucky if we keep the republic at the end of this show. But for yall in TX it won't be so bad. Yall will simply become what you once were a republic unto itself. It will be us poor displaced Texans and their families trying desperately to get back home, that life will be tough for.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

1000 days left in Obama's presidency.

This is what he is doing today.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/schedule" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He is in South Korea. He helped lay a wreath at the Korean War Memorial. That was a nice thing to do.

In Japan the days before he ate half his sushi, supposedly it cost $300. That is probably the cheapest part of the trip. The first lady did not come with him. A Japanese member of parliament made the news by saying that Obama has had infidelities and Michelle and Obama are getting a divorce after he leaves the White House. Supposedly a British tabloid has made the same claim.

He has again delayed the approval of the Keystone pipeline until after the election in November.

A scandal has started at a Veteran's Hospital in Phoenix. Apparently there was a fake treatment list, so that veteran's thought they were on a list for surgery, but it was really a list that never went anywhere, cause they thought the patient would die anyway. If you are wondering what government health care looks like, this is probably it.

Ammunition is still in short supply.

Obama has proposed a million new taxes.

Russia looks to take over most of Europe and Obama has warned him not to.

The head of Health and Human Services who was in charge of the roll out of Obamacare has resigned, but not before picking up her lifetime pension. People who actually enrolled in Obamacare are now insurance orphans, they have insurance, but they can't find any doctors or hospitals who will accept it.

If you want to keep track of how many days left plus hours and minutes. Here is a count down clock.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/ge ... s%20office" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

995 Days left in Obama Presidency.

Obama effigy burned in the Philippines. Ralph Nader calls for his impeachment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/tra ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

White House opens the door for tolls on interstate highways. Sure why not.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Semper Latte!

Return to “Off-Topic”